Thursday, April 3, 2008

The right meme at the right time

My beloved Cog tagged me for this one, and I'm so excited. This gives me the opportunity to tell another story! (I will try to be brief. Brevity is not my strength.)

As Cog says, I must, under the blogger rules of conduct, perform the following:

1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).

2. Turn to page 123.

3. Find the 5th sentence

4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog.

5. Tag 5 people.

Alex Unlimited: True Chemistry by Dan Jolley, my brother-in-law!!!

p. 123, fifth sentence:

"He didn't look scared, worried, or upset in the slightest."

I tag Warrior Scout, Sageweb, Steve, Monkey, and Steven

And now I want to tell you about my brother-in-law, the author Dan Jolley. I'm so proud of him. This is Superman's brother. He's very creative. He makes his living as an author now, although it took a few years for him to become that well known and published. He has worked hard to realize this dream. He started out writing for comic books. He's done some graphic novels, too. This particular book is his third in the Alex Unlimited series. I've read the first one, but haven't gotten to the second yet. The first Alex Unlimited book was very good! These are books aimed at "young adult" readers (who actually tend to be teenagers, but whatever)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you found brevity in your story today!! and lovely it is indeed!

-C

Patrick said...

First of all, this was quite brief. Second of all, brevity is not something I look for in your writing, I always want more!

How wonderful for Dan that he is finding success, and has a supportive sister-in-law. There is something fun about being connected with a published writer, isn't there. My mom had one novel published, and it still thrills me.

Indigo said...

"Before time was, there was The One; The One was all, and all was The One"
-- from: "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner"

(Gee... how'd you guess that a book nearby to *me* would be about Wicca, har har!)

Butch said...

Congratulations to your brother-in-law and his successful writing. I can only imagine seeing one's own toils in print.

I've been working on two music books, one of the traditional music played at a local Irish seisiún, and the other of my own original works. I'm finding it more time consuming than I ever thought it would be. They are both works in progress and will not be finished any time soon, I fear. I admire those who complete their works of art and can publish them for all to enjoy as well.

Anonymous said...

Well, this makes for an interesting MeMe. Thanks for tagging me. I'll get on it sometime this week!

Unknown said...

i have tagged you with another meme...

Anonymous said...

How cool to know someone who is a working writer. That seems like such a great thing for the kids to see...

Ur-spo said...

i've done the MEME; it is jolly good fun.
it was fun to hear about your BIL.

matty said...

That is so cool!

So few writers are lucky enough to do it for a living!

Most excellent!

Unknown said...

thank you for the tag. i will have to make sure i am near a compelling book when i answer it.

keep the faith jav...