Thursday, May 21, 2009

Well,... plus news of an impending road trip!

After hemming and hawing about it for literally months, I decided to share my blog address with my English prof. I just sent out an email to her with the link to this here bloggie thing. This week we (the class) have been discussing a few of the forms of writing found online. Today's discussion, (which I need to go write on that discussion board) is about blogging. It is time to show her my online place. 

Now, on to other news: yes, I am taking a road trip! I know I was all wishy-washy on this topic a few weeks ago, but situations have transpired to bring about a perfect-ish opportunity to visit Baltimore. Well, technically I'm not visiting Baltimore, exactly. If I had my druthers I'd avoid Baltimore like the plague. However, my darling friend Indigo lives there, as you may know. In order to visit Indigo, I must go to Baltimore. Alas, it is my fate. He gets to return the favor and come visit me in a few weeks, too. What fun! 

The details are that I leave early* tomorrow morning. I'll drive most of the day to cover the 600 miles between here and there. I'll be in Baltimore until mid-week next week, probably coming home on Wednesday. Updates as the situation warrants.

There is much to do in preparation for this trip. I have begun the preps, but the list of things yet to do is much longer than the list of things accomplished. On that note, TTFN.

*The definition of "early" is yet to be determined. Ideally I will be out of town before 5:00 a.m. Much depends on how ready I am this evening, and how early I go to sleep!!

12 comments:

Peter said...

D, have a good trip, drive savely and enjoy your time with Indigo.

Java said...

Thanks, Peter!

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

I wonder if they give guided tours of the ghetto? Hee hee hee! :)

A Lewis said...

I'm with you...earlier the better...I love early morning driving, all by myself. Best wishes for a head-clearing time!

Birdie said...

Be careful on the road. And take pictures! But not while you're driving.

Mark in DE said...

Have a great road trip!!

Bill said...

Have a grand time in the Land of John Waters!

tornwordo said...

What fun. Have a great time!

sageweb said...

Very cool! Have a great trip.

Ur-spo said...

I have a patient who is a communications teacher. Every class he starts by asking the class who has a blog or myspace . Nearly everybody raises their hand.
He then asks for a volunteer to share their webaddress so he can put it up on screen to show the class the example. No one volunteers. He then inquires why and the answer is always the same - embarassment.
Then he starts the real lecture - how we have paradoxical 'show all' yet fearful of others knowing.

Rox said...

Travel safely!

Vic Mansfield said...

"Good morning Baltimore . . . "