I have been in Baltimore since last Friday. This week Baltimore has been warm and humid. It hasn't been really hot, and the temps cooled off throughout the weekend, but not much. The humidity has remained high, though, and there isn't a lot of air movement through Indigo's house. It's a row house, like bazillions of other row houses in that city. It seems as though air flow was not the primary concern of the architects 100+ years ago. Eh.
I am taking a long and winding route home. I was originally planning to leave Baltimore tomorrow, but with the situation at home being so tense I decided to leave today. I still won't get home until tomorrow, but it won't be as long and hard a trip so I'll arrive (hopefully) a little more refreshed than I would if I drove the 12 hours straight through in one day. And I've taken the scenic route. I drove on Skyline Drive through parts of Virginia today. It would have been majestically beautiful if the sky had been clear. Mostly I saw fog. That was fun, though. When the fog is pretty dense I see ghosts in the road ahead of me. They flit in and out, only appearing for a second. Sometimes the ghosts look like big cars or buildings or very large animals. The one time I rounded a curve to find a large doe in the middle of the street, I had to realize that it was really a deer, not a figment of the fog. She proceeded safely across the road. All is well.
I saw quite a few turkeys today. Hens, mostly(I think they were), and solitary. I have always seen turkeys in flocks, with a tom or two and a passel of hens. I suppose these turkeys may have been young males. I don't know, but it was fun seeing them.
I have a bunch of stuff to deal with when I get home. I will make an appointment for Diva to see the gynecologist. I think she needs to have an examination as soon as possible. I'm hoping the doctor can scare her with frightening information. I'm hoping she listens to the doctor better than she listens to me. I'm her mother. I obviously don't know anything.
Thank you. All of you who have expressed concern, wished us good luck with this situation, offered to have a few glasses of wine (or hard liquor) on our behalf, you have been a great encouragement to me. This isn't an easy situation (duh) and I don't expect any advice, necessarily. We have some medical/psychiatric support in place and things are in process. Meanwhile, your encouragement really helps my spirits.
On the agenda for tonight is a warm bath, then sleep. I shall return with more interesting information (or the same old dull stuff) as soon as possible.
5 comments:
This sounds lovely. A little taking care of you via a nice long drive is definitely in order.
My pensive Java....
Indigo Incarnates
It's probably better that you're taking two days to do that really long drive. It's a real killer!
Twitch wants to invite me to his graduation but I'm not sure if I will be able to go. The uber-boss always wants leave requests to be submitted a full month in advance. Ugh! Although she takes off whenever she pleases. Go figure.
Glad you are taking the turtle's path for this return trip. Sleep well, breathe deep, drive carefully.
And smile often!
: )
I just love the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've driven all except Skyline Drive. Since I haven't seen that part, my favorite stretch runs between Asheville north to the NC border. Enjoy the peaceful drive, sweetie, and stay in the moment even as you reach home.
warm baths are the panacea of all ills
I hope you are relaxed very soon.
Post a Comment