Monday, May 11, 2009

Reflections on Mother's Day and some other stuff

First of all, Mother's Day: it was pretty good. Nothing spectacular from the kids, but I like it that way. Sproing was a little pain in the ass, and Diva was obnoxious, but that's to be expected. It wasn't extreme. Twitch was very sweet. And Light texted her felicitations in. Ah, the modern age.  

The best part of Mother's Day was the time I spent without the children, having some "quality alone time" with their father. It was very good "quality alone time." 

Secondly, the kitten: Last week she had her baby-making parts removed. Did I mention that already? I can't remember. Anyway, she is healing very nicely. It took her a day and a half before she was jumping up onto the high shelves again. She isn't meowing plaintively at the door, trying to get outside to hide under the house anymore. I like this whole spay-and-neuter-your-pets initiative. 

In the third part, the new little car: We've named her Eva. Eva the Aveo. It flows melodiously off the tongue. Superman filled up her gas tank last week. She filled up completely for less than $20, and got 26 miles per gallon of in town driving. This is so much better than the van's 9 miles per gallon on a $60 (or more) tank of gas. I like this. 

And that's about all I know today. I'm unaccountably tired, but I have these days occasionally. I'm not going to worry about it much. I may go take a nap. 

TTFN

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read your mother's day was good. Also happy you got time alone with Superman!

sageweb said...

Very cool you had a great Mommie day.
The kitty recovered quickly.

Rox said...

Time spent not Mothering on Mothers' Day is a BONUS!!!!!

Patrick said...

I suspected Superman might know just what to give you for Mother's Day. He's a smart cookie, that Superman.

Butch said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you!

Ur-spo said...

I am another one who wants to wish her happy belated Mother's Day!

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

I'm glad that thee kidlets didn't do anything horrible for Mother's Day. That's a gift in itself, hee hee.

Doug calls the holiday "Mothra Day", since that's the nickname for his mom.

You'll probably get 32 MPG the first time you do a long highway drive. Yay! I'm really glad you were able to get a new car.

My 9-year-old car is showing a bit of age too. I keep thinking of a Beatle's song, but re-wording it slightly: "Baby you can steal my car / I don't think it'll take you far / Things are falling off this car / But please won't you take it?!"

Steven said...

Glad to hear that Mother's Day went better than expected, the Aveo is not "giving off too much gas", and that the kitten is better.

Mark in DE said...

Glad 'your' day was as you like it.