Thursday, May 15, 2008

Here and There

I actually did some living today! I didn't just blog. That means I didn't get to visit my daily blogs, and I'm feeling somewhat disconnected from my community of choice. Nevertheless, I did good things today. I slept some, since I was up way too late last night, I transported my kids to school, got some nails and screws for Superman so he can finish the project (I'll tell you all about it next week!) he's been working on. Diva had an appointment with her counselor, so I took her there after school. We needed a few more things from the grocery, of course, so I did that.

I also, and most significantly, worked on a project; a gift I'm making for a friend of mine. And I got it finished!! This has been an issue with me recently. I've always been bad about finishing projects, but recently it's gotten worse. There are some psychological issues involved, but I don't know what. Anyway, I got this one DONE! I need to look up the address, finish addressing the envelope, write a brief note (we all know how well I do "brief"!!) and it'll be ready for the post office.

Then I will drive to the college town where Light matriculates. Today was her final final, and she has to be completely out of the dorm by noon tomorrow. Her roommate left this afternoon, so I'm going up tonight and will sleep in the roommate's bed. I will be there in the morning and we can pack up the rest of her stuff. There are a few other things on the calendar for the afternoon and evening. More of that "living" stuff. I'll tell you about it when I next have a chance. But now I need to finish up here, finish packing a few things, and get on the road.

So I'll be living a real life instead of being hooked up to this computer on Friday. Mayhaps I'll have more interesting things to tell you after that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby steps, love. ;)

Unknown said...

life can feel good, can't it?

Ur-spo said...

i am shocked, shocked shocked to hear you are having a real life rather than focusing your time here in blog land!!

good for you!