Wednesday, April 16, 2008

On the road again...

I am feeling better today. Not all fixed up by any means, but much more in control of myself. I'm still a bit slow, mentally. Can't make quick decisions, like "would you like fries with that?" My words are coming to me slowly, or not at all. But I am not enraged, not even angry. So far I'm barely irritated.

I am hot, though. I'm sweating. I hate to sweat. I've been packing. I have almost everything packed now, except my laptop and the cooler. Nothing is in the truck yet, though.

As soon as the truck is all packed I'm heading south to Orlando. I'm going to spend a few days (a week? Don't really know yet) helping Mama. She had surgery on her ankle and can't put any weight on it at all. My Aunt D has been with her since last Thursday evening. Mama had the surgery on Friday. I'll know more details once I get down there, but for now all I know is I'm heading south.

I will check in either late tonight (Wednesday) or sometime tomorrow. It depends on how late it is when I get to Mama's.

11 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Glad you're feeling better, and hope you enjoy your trip.

Mark :-)

Brilliant or Something said...

Travel safe and slow, Mum. Lots of love to you and G-mommie.
~Light

Butch said...

Have a safe and uneventful trip driving south and I'm glad you're on the mend.

Sorted Lives said...

Yeah that you are coming down, not so yeah about Mama's ankle.

Call me when you get to town. Would love to meet for dinner (M and I are wonderful cooks and we are not far from Mama), coffee, teasing the crap out of MaryEllen. Ohh, Sunday Brunch! You have the number.

sageweb said...

oh sorry for your Mom's ankle that sounds painful, glad you are feeling a little better.
have a safe trip

Unknown said...

thank goodness you have the laptop, girl....

mwoh!

A Lewis said...

Barely irritated? Is that good or bad???!!! Blessings and safety in your travels and to Momma.

Indigo said...

be safe and be well, dear friend. :)

Patrick said...

I still owe you a proper response (or several of them), but just wanted to say I hope the trip was fun and easy. Your mom will be glad to have your help and company.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and try to enjoy yourself in Orlando.

Ur-spo said...

women do not sweat; they 'glow'