Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mid Thanksgiving report

So far so good.

C's boyfriend N accompanied me to pick up Diva. He and I have never had a lot of time alone to just talk. The trip to the loony bin is 1.5 hours, which we spent in enjoyable conversation. I find that conversations in the car seem to be most productive.

We retrieved the girl child and came home. She's grown recently. I nearly didn't recognize her when she came out of her dorm, a new hair-do being part of the camouflage. She looks pretty good, though the poor thing has a terrible acne outbreak. Her 13th birthday is in 9 days. Welcome to teenage-hood.

As soon as we got home I locked the doors to my bedroom and my office. Light locked the door to her room. And yes, we're keeping a close eye on her. She and Sproing are getting along famously! This makes my life easier.

Light is doing most of the cooking. Superman managed the pork loin. I helped cut up the bread for the stuffing. I wrote out the recipe for the stuffing for Light. It's a good thing she and I think so much alike, else she might not be able to use it at all. The recipe I wrote is more of a guideline, really. There are practically no measurements, and the spice list is open source, so to speak.

I am very tired. And hungry. It's 3:15 and I had no lunch. Neither did anyone else, of course. Dinner should be ready soon. That's been the response for the past hour, but from the sounds of things I think it really will be soon. After we eat and I make a half-hearted attempt to help clean up, my plan is to take a nap. Superman and someone will take Diva back to the loony bin.

That's about all I have for now, and Superman just came in to tell me that dinner is almost served.

Merry Thanksgiving to one and all, even the beloved Canadians who had their Thanksgiving weeks ago.

No comments: