Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving at the House of Java

My kids are home for Thanksgiving. I drove for 6+ hours yesterday evening to gather them. It's a good thing I like to drive, eh?

Here's Light. This is what she was doing when I got up this morning.
Here's Twitch. This is what he was doing when I got up this morning.
The best part is the sound effects, which you can't hear by looking at this picture. He snores. It's cute, as long as it doesn't disturb my sleep.

Diva is, of course, at home. She and Twitch have been griping at each other since they woke up. The only one missing is Sproing. I'm sad that he isn't able to be here, and by that I mean that he's not well enough to be home. I'm glad, since he is as messed up as he is, that he's not here to wreck havoc with this delicate balance of the family dynamic.

I'm glad to have them here, with a caveat. I like the still-picture of everyone together. As the day gets moving and we are interacting, I'm having trouble with my emotions. I'm tense, anxious, hypersensitive, impatient. I thought I was getting better, but evidently I can't handle the stress. I've been "better" because the stress is lessened. Or maybe I'm having a bad day and need to eat a healthy lunch to get my humours in balance. Perhaps a nap will help.

Ah, Superman is home for lunch now. He's going to fix a good-for-me sandwich, and after lunch I'll take a nap with my special nocturnal afternoon-nap kitty. (Samhain)

11 comments:

Bill said...

I hope you & your family have a safe, serene, and fun Thanksgiving!

sageweb said...

I love the sticker on her laptop! Have a great turkey day!

Peter said...

Sproing will be on all your minds, especially this Thanksgiving when he's the one who's not there.

Loved your previous post.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Patrick said...

Thinking of you and the whole Brood, my dear.

Unknown said...

seems like home to me...

may blessings reign on your parade...

Birdie said...

We're having the quiet before the storm tomorrow, when Sheba arrives with two boys. Abe went out and bought a second turkey today. We know what teen boys eat like.

"Let" the kids contribute too: peel the potatoes, snap the beans, vacuum the living room. (That's our list.) Earn your meal!

Have fun, sweetie, and a glass of wine.

Ur-spo said...

If I remember right, Superman some times comes home at the lunch hour for good-for-me sandwiches.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Mark in DE said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. :-)

Rox said...

Happy Turkey Day, Java! I hope that you all find peace today and every day.

bigislandjeepguy said...

love the sticker, too. it should be on everyone's bumper so those haters get the point.

RG said...

It seems the apple really doesn't fall from the tree - computers and napping - they're definitely your kids!

I hope you had a splendid Thanksgiving!