Fall semester begins next Tuesday, Sept. 1st. I've been free from classes for three weeks. I stay very busy reading school related material during the semester, and rarely have a chance to read the stuff I want to read. During this break I had a list of books, books that are actually in my possession, mind you, that I wanted to read. The list includes but is not limited to:
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
The Mermaid Chair also by Sue Monk Kidd
The Feminine Mystique by Betty Freidan (no, I've never read it)
Second Sex by Simone De Beauvior
She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
I Know This Much Is True also by Wally Lamb
A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
I also wanted to finish The New Gay Teenager by Ritch Savin-Williams and Sex as God Intended by John J. McNeill, both of which I started reading quite a while ago.
3 comments:
The "key phrases" attached to those books are mighty interesting. Consider these sociological background for your studies, containing information pertinent to today's cultural migration of values. See? (Pure nonsense, but this BS earned me A's when I had to punt.)
I have stacks of books I think I "should" read. Every so often I actually open one, but not before I've added another to the stack. Latest acquisitions are Leaving Church by Barbara Brown Taylor and Secrets in the Dark by Frederick Buechner. And yes, I've yet to finish O'Neill's book myself, with only a few chapters to go.
Well, if you want to learn all about the ins and outs of our big ol' Gay world, you've gotta start from the bottom up. Tawdry gay romance novels seem like the logical starting point.
On another note, I've been reading through some of your entries dealing with the difficulties and challenges you have been facing with your kids and my heart is just breaking. The only medium I know that can properly express compassion and support is the Bear Hug so here goes; Grrrrrrrrrrrrr, just for you.
Secret Life of Bees was a great book.
Post a Comment