Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday mish-mash

or "the random stuff that I remember from today"

My brain is fried, at least for all practical matters. I can take tests like a demon. I blew away my Psych 101 final this morning. I have my final final tomorrow. I should be studying now, since this is the one I'm least prepared for. But for the practical matters of daily living there isn't a whole lot of brain power available. I have been functionally stupid since late last week. Stress may have something to do with that. 

Superman and I bought a car today. Did I tell you that the van is in really sad shape? We cannot drive it now, lest the engine seize up or something equally dreadful. We suspect a blown head gasket. Water and oil are mixing where water and oil aren't supposed to mix, in the engine. There's only supposed to be oil in there, but alas, the coolant system has been leaking into the engine. Translation: very expensive!! Superman has been planning to get another small car for some time. With the receipt of our tax refund that purchase is now possible. 

"So tell us what car you got already, Java! Sheesh woman, you are the worst story teller!" We got a Chevy Aveo. Huh? I know, I'd never heard of it before this weekend. 
That's pretty much what it looks like. I just snitched this photo off the internet, it isn't our car, but our car is silver and looks pretty much like this. I think it's a 2007 model. Whatever - it's a car. 

There was probably some other stuff that happened over the weekend. Oh, yeah, Sproing was sick. He ran a fever from Thursday night until sometime early Sunday morning. For two days he was quiet, calm, and practically sweet. Yesterday he was back to normal. He and Diva have been getting into it with each other. The nasty things they say to each other! It's shameful. He just started a different medicine. He's back on Ritalin again. The doctor tried him on Concerta for a few months, and as has been chronicled here, that has been a disaster. I hope the Ritalin helps. 

Damn, I hate medicating my kids. They hate it too. Surely there are programs of behavioral learning we can try. Actually, I do the best I can with what I know. And he still needs medication. Eh, I can't think about it right now. It upsets me too much. He's been playing very nicely this afternoon, so I'm going to take that as a good sign and go forth. 

Time to study! 

2 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Congrats on the new wheels. Sounds like not a moment too soon.

RG said...

Rest in peace good old van. Congrats on the new vehicle.

It's a good thing Chevy doesn't make the Aveo, Daewoo in Korea does, so at least when GM goes out of business, you'll still be able to get parts.