They are moving out!!!
They went to the city utility provider this morning to put the utilities in C's name. Then they went to the property management office to sign the lease and get the key.
Their lease application was approved late last week. I didn't want to say anything about it here until it was a done deal. I've been itching to post the news all weekend. But now it is really happening!! I am thrilled. Thrilled I tell you! Everyone involved is thrilled. Truly, I can't tell you how thrilled I am.
I am proud of the boys that they are ready to take this step to independence. I'm proud that they are going through with it. I hope they survive! Neither of this is particularly good at managing money. They mostly have the knowledge but lack the discipline. This, too, is a learning experience. I'm pleased, proud, and thrilled.
20 comments:
Nice to see they are well-organized with properly labeled boxes and all!
We wish them well, and we congratulate you on the return (for now, anyway) of some valuable in-house real estate!
Tell us how you really feel.
You have helped to launch another successful life. Two, actually. You have every right to be proud. And thrilled.
I think it's a part of evolutionary/genetic progression that by the time a teenager wants to leave, his behavior at that point guarantees you're helping him pack.
They'll *probably* be fine. People have been living life for at least 9,000 years if the fundamentalists are to be believed.
And if they need help, they know where you are.
Good news, now bar the door and turn off the lights. :)
Good luck to them and to you. You seem to be a great teacher so I'm sure they will be fine. I wonder who will be the first to call who?
Congrats to them (and you!). The first apartment--such a big step! And more room in your house now!!
(But you'll be glad when they come visit. :-))
(As long as they go home right afterwards.) ;-)
but really, tell us how your really feel.....
:-D
Anyone who labels one of their moving boxes "Shit" is my kind of guy!!!!
Good luck to them and congratulations to you!!!
it's all just a process, ain't it?
progress not perfection is what the 12 steppers call it.
gosh- you get a new sewing room.
I have to admit I love the "shit" box lol lol lol lol ...CONGRATS to you ...you must have trained them well.....
What a very graphic pair of posts! Scheherazade looks slightly demonic in some of those shots. I hope her eye gets better soon, because if we end up with a wild furred one-eyed hiss-monster, I will start calling her Mephistopheles.
I wonder where I would be on Twitch's chart. I sometimes miss living at home, but then I get to sleep in on the weekends and decide otherwise.
I'm really REALLY looking forward to painting and moving into the boys' room this break. I'm glad they finally have a place of their own.
Now you have that much more room for all the spools of red thread you'll be getting for Christmas. ;-)
Good luck to them!
Indigo Incarnates
I think it's great that they're ready to be independent. You are a hero to me for helping to raise two teens who were cast aside by their so-called "real" parents.
Oh my gawd! That room!!! I'd have killed someone before a room in my house was ever allowed to get into that condition! Congratulations on getting some of your space back but you know you'll miss them.
I'm very happy for them, but I'm thrilled for you!
Yay for all involved! That room made me gasp. I hope they take better care of the apartment!
Wow, this seems like quite an accomplishment! Those gay boys must be missing an important gay gene though, to have such a cluttered and messy room!
How exciting for everyone!
WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!
The best of luck to them now that they are really out and on their own.
Post a Comment