So Sproing put the kitty on the exam table. The doctor and assistant came in and we told them the story of how Sproing found the kitten in the road, all wet and miserable. I asked about the kitten's sex. The doctor examined the cat for close to two minutes, the poor baby objecting vocally. He finally said he thinks it's a girl, but I'm not entirely convinced. It really is hard to tell with kittens this age. They estimate her age to be 6 to 8 weeks.
The poor dear has an upper respiratory infection in addition to the eye infection. She's got a cold in her eye, basically. The doctor prescribed an oral antibiotic and told me to gently wash off her eye a few times a day. He checked her for ear mites and worms and she looks fine. She's too young for a rabies shot just yet. He said to bring her in again in about 6 weeks for that. The assistant gave us a few sample packs of kitten food and a starter dose of flea-be-gone. (Revolution) We're all set.
Well, not quite. I took Sproing and the kitty back home, got Diva and went to the grocery store. In addition to miscellaneous food purchases we got some kitten food, kitty litter, and a scoop for the litter box. Yes, we seem to have a new cat.
But if she's going to turn into a girl kitty I think the name Mephistopheles isn't quite right. She needs the name of a female character, don't you think? I'm partial to Scheherazade. Especially since Superman was pretending to not let her stay another day, I think Scheherazade is appropriate. I doubt she can spin a good yarn, but if she snuggles up on Superman's chest and purrs really loud (she's good at that) I think he'll let her stay another day. And then another. Etc.
15 comments:
Every house needs a stray pussy off of the street. You guys are so cool to take her in!
Every house needs a stray pussy off of the street. You guys are so cool to take her in!
omg. i *heart* Found Kitten Stories! I'm so happy that a needy little kitty has found a great home :-)
my uncle and aunt found a kitten the same way, Heidi, who was later eaten by wolves (long story). Be careful, (and this is the point of this ramble) b/c abandoned kitties sometimes have food issues and become overweight ...
try Jungle Red
If I can figure out how to pronounce it, your name suggestion gets my support.
So, kitty is Inside Cat until further notice?
You have a big heart and so do your kids. Hope Scheherazade stays longer then those 1001 nights...
Okay, lessee: Scherry, Hera, Zahdie, what else?
My buddy, Badum, didn't get a name for the first couple of weeks, until we figured out his gender (it was the many nipples that confused us). She could be Scheherazade Mephistopholes if a girl, or Mephistopholes Scheherazade if a boy. Either way, great names...and appropos. Enjoy.
Ah, the colors...thank goodness for the Crayola 8 color box, eh?
Well her life was probably saved by using her cute-ness skills so it fits! Plus I will never have to call her so that is your problem! ;P
I am so happy for the kitty! I hope she gets better soon and starts causing kitty chaos in your house. They are so entertaining.
Hooray! Welcome home Scheherazade!!! :)
I have decided that the name of you next cat wikk be something along the lines of Aristophanes. It came to me while looking at a literature site yesterday.
I think ShaHairy is much better than Meffy now that you mention it. Don't let superman be a poohead anyway. She picked you!
Your kitty is so adorable. I think I'd have to abbreviate her name when addressing her :P When there are that many color options, I usually just pick the coolest name for the color.
I am so in love with your kitten!!! I am still going to call her Zadie though for short so get over it. Post more pictures of that little ball of fluff please! I could look at her all day.
Post a Comment