Here are a few more photos from that bone store where Light and I practiced our photography. This is the basket of flowers that was hanging from the porch roof. I don't recognize them. Anyone have a clue?
The south end of the porch
This was prominently displayed beside the entrance to the store.
What do you think?
Here's a distance shot of the components of the previous two pictures. I have no clue what the idea is with that pole and the reflectors (they might be lights), but there is a skull at the top, if that helps any. The gallows to the left is, I believe, a hoist used to weigh and measure game. There are antlers all over it. The shot above was taken from directly under the boom. It's difficult to see the antlers in the photo below. They may be more obvious in an embiggened image. Go ahead, click if you dare.
We can also assume from this photo that the place sells 7-Up, and that a pack of Marlboro cigs is $2.95. The photo below shows the edge of the roof upon which the bleached bones of the community's victims lie. It does not appear as though the building was constructed with much attention to asthetic beauty or structural integrity.
P.S. The pictures don't seem to be able to embiggen. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
10 comments:
nectar party at the bone store...
there's something a bit eerie sounding about that...
Your pics embiggen just fine. I clicked on the last pic and noticed a sign inside that reads "Watch Your Head." Ominous.
Do I hear dueling banjos off in the distance?
I find the antlers rather fun, the bones on the roof still unnerve me. Knowing that they're just cow bones doesn't reassure me for some reason. Love the flowers though. Sorry, as usual I have no clue what they are. For someone who loves flowers as much as I do, I'm pretty ignorant about them.
I love these images!!!! Guess what? I get to play today cuz several people were called up by the National Guard. Not much of a team (right now) to do our project! And about the previous post.... That bathroom message wouldn't work in my household...
Jeez...who's running this bait shop, the Addams Family?? So many skeletal remains...and cheap cigarettes! GAH!!
I'd be interested to know if you get actual bait there, or maybe just some little tiny fish skeletons.
Boy, I wish I'd recognized that very lovely flower...it's quite something.
Indigo Incarnates
The flowers are pretty!
The sign for nightcrawlers and wrigglers is hillarious. :)
Only in the South!
Yeah, I noticed the sign (at about neck level) when I was trying to get shots of the skulls on the roof. Sad.
I don't recognize the flowers myself bu they are beautiful and I love your photos also :-)
Post a Comment