Here I am, turning the color of an eggplant while I masticate the air in speechless rage.How fitting that yesterday's 9 Chickweed Lane * strip had this apt description of me. Yesterday I was a babbling idiot. Every time I tried to explain myself or give direction to my children, that's what happened.
Ya' know, I think Friday's traffic ticket was the first sign that my brain is in disconnect mode. I just didn't process that the light was red. Yesterday when leaving the pharmacy (after picking up my oh-so-important meds) I was stuck in the middle of the parking lot for a minute or two, agonizing over the decision of which exit I should drive through. Both of them will get me home. Obviously I finally chose one, for here I am.
Today has been much better. I'm not stretching myself too hard but I am accomplishing a few things. I got a cavity filled at the dentist's office this morning, for instance. No screaming at all, either from pain or insanity. The numbness has almost completely left my mouth now. I feel much more sane. The children are just getting home from school. Let's see if my sanity can withstand the onslaught.
* 9 Chickweed Lane is a comic strip that I strongly recommend.
5 comments:
somedays it's a damn shame i just can't stay under the covers....
but then i probably wouldn't appreciate the really good days quite so much...
we can agree to disagree with the chickweed lane strip : ) everytime i open the newspaper and see it, i ask (out loud): "WHY does this comic strip stay around?"
heheheh. sorry.
I'll share what a patient once told me -
sanity is small bits is entertaining but as a lifestyle it is too confining.
J, I will go for a time, a time, and a half time in such states. Altered ones, it seems. The Fog descends. Maybe not depression, but confusion.
Spo, that is a priceless quote.
Maybe the anticipation of the dental visit was the cause of the prior day's craziness. That would have done it for me!
Mark :-)
Post a Comment