Rollicking
SYLLABICATION: rol·lick·ing
ADJECTIVE: Carefree and high-spirited; boisterous: a rollicking celebration.
SYLLABICATION: rol·lick·ing
ADJECTIVE: Carefree and high-spirited; boisterous: a rollicking celebration.
Just in case you were wondering, because I was. I wonder a lot, when given the time and freedom to do so.
We went on a little excursion mid-day on Saturday. It was loads of fun. Indigo is still here and we are enjoying our time together. I wanted to take him to this little goat farm because the child in him loves stuff like this. The same could be said of me. We took Light because she hasn't been to the farm in a while. We were going to take Diva and Sproing, but they were behaving badly, so we left them at home with Superman. He put them to work. Good for them! Here are some pictures I took of our fun at the farm.
We went on a little excursion mid-day on Saturday. It was loads of fun. Indigo is still here and we are enjoying our time together. I wanted to take him to this little goat farm because the child in him loves stuff like this. The same could be said of me. We took Light because she hasn't been to the farm in a while. We were going to take Diva and Sproing, but they were behaving badly, so we left them at home with Superman. He put them to work. Good for them! Here are some pictures I took of our fun at the farm.
Here is one of the llamas with the nanny goats in the barn stall.
Have you been looking for the perfect way to reuse that old workboot of yours? Make it into a house for birds. This was an unexpected sight in the tree beside the goat pasture.
Here is another interesting use for an old pair of boots.
There were a few other animals at the farm. The peacocks were particularly nice.
This fellow had the longest tail of all the peacocks I saw.
And here is Light having a lovely swing. She has a new very butch haircut.
12 comments:
It looks like a wonderful excursion!!! I'm wondering if they're able to ship across state lines for resale of goat cheeses? I need some artisan goat cheeses and the local goat ladies aren't producing enough to provide me with any... it's sad. LOL
Hope you're doing well in the heat of SC this summer!
-C
I could live on goat cheese alone I think. Once, I tried to milk a goat - not easy! I love the old shoe/birdhouse idea.
those little goats are the cutest things ever! sounds like a great weekend.
It's been ages since I've been to a goat farm. I have a friend who raises Pigmy goats on Vashon Island and I haven't been there for years.
indigo Incarnates
The goat farm was so much fun! Willow (the 3-year-old child-alter) liked petting the goats and swinging on the swings. It was neat seeing the catfish too.
I'm having such a nice time. It'll be a shame having to drive home tomorrow.
That looks like such a blast. I hear goats make great pets, too. Not so much llamas.
Those who work the land seem to have a real feel for the reality of the cycle of "stuff," and they recycle everything—including boots.
Indigo's a cutie! (I didn't know he was coming for a visit.) Peacocks are cute, too, until you have to listen to the things hooting from the rooftops at all hours of the day.
Thanks for the tour!
This was due after the last post! Good on ya!
Those goat pictures were not baaa baaad! Sorry I just had to Java! ;p
A friend of mine sows flowers in old cowboy boots that are too small for him, that way he still gets enjoyment out of them.
Goats, how cool!! Did they have any of those fainting goats? They look pretty cute, actually...
Someday I'd love to have a small estate (a tiny abandoned farm would do), where I could have a peacock or two who roam around between garden beds and such...
Love the shoe recycling!!! What a cool idea...
(...and so, a rollicking good time was had by all.)
i LOVE goats
and their cheese is fabulous, I concur.
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. I know Indigo really enjoyed himself.
I love the pics! The boots are great. :-)
Glad you were able to get out and have some fun with the family. And bless Superman for staying behind and taking care of those who were "behaving badly." I loved the vocabulary lesson for the day and learning all about rolllicking. :-) Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment