Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shhh, I'm supposed to be studying. Don't tell the Study Police

  • I just got this request in an email:  "I have recently went back to college on line and I need to download microsoft office word."   Yes, honey, this time please pay attention in your English and Ethics classes.
/elitist comments.
  • According to my counseling textbook, the homosexuals among you are considered a "special population." Don't you feel better now? You seem pretty normal to me. 
  • I survived my Psych Intro exam this morning. I think I did well, at least on most of it. I hope I guessed well on the other bit.
  • LOLcats and Bach's Brandenburg Concertos are good for what ails a sad soul. They don't necessarily fix anything, but they are good for the soul nevertheless. I have the even numbered concertos on my playlist tonight. 
  • I have all my classes in one building. It's a small school, but not that small. My courses don't cover a broad range of topics this term. The water fountains on the second floor give a better arch of water and are easier to drink from than the ones on the third or first floor. 
  • For some strange reason the toilets are mounted at different heights, even in stalls that are not handicapped accessible. These are wall mounted toilets. One on the second floor seems about the right height for 5 year olds. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

On those toilets, maybe there are also midgets attending class?

Anonymous said...

May you continue to do well in Psych. Those are some interesting observations about the building you're in; particularly the "arch of water" from the water fountains. :-)

Anonymous said...

May have more to do with the age of the building and where the proper bracing for the anticipated load. Well, by load I mean how much weight they anticipate being perched upon it.

That didn't sound any better did it?

oh well, I'll stop on that note before i digress.

-C

sageweb said...

Oh I hate low toilets..bad for the knees.

Rox said...

I hope you guessed well too!

(That line made me smile.)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of my student-wife! She's knockin' it out, and no mistake. But having her sleep time next week will be quite the blessing. She's really been working her brains out over these classes, and as I think she mentioned before, it's not as easy when you have all the other responsibilities that come with being a Mom-of-four. Especially when two of the four are Diva and Sproing. OMG.

Hang in there, Honey! I love you!

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

I am so proud of you for going back to college. I know you'll do really well! :)

evilganome said...

You go get 'em!

Special population? I always felt a little special, I'm so glad someone else noticed.

Good luck with everything, you've earned the sleep time.

Brilliant or Something said...

The toilet in the restroom right next to my freshmen dorm room was very low, and made a noise like it wanted to suck out your soul. Very disconcerting considering you had to stand close and hold the handle down for a while for it to do it's assigned job.

Brilliant or Something said...

If you ever come here, don't drink from the fountains in the main building on any floors above 1st, where the theatre and some admin. is. Lead plumbing up there. That might explain one of the Drama teachers, though.

dpaste said...

Loved this post.