- I am disillusioned with my old brand of dish washing liquid, so I got a couple of different brands. The first bottle advertises a light citrus scent. To me it smells like fresh fish guts. Fresh fish guts smell better than old fish guts, nevertheless it isn't an odor I want to endure as I wash my dishes. The second bottle says something about "free and clear." I promise you it wasn't free, but it is clear. I haven't used it yet, as I want to finish the first bottle before opening the second. I'll let you know my impressions of that one when I get to it.
- I registered for classes at Lander yesterday. I will post a separate entry detailing that excitement.
- The kitten acts much like a kitten. She is very playful when she isn't sleeping.
It has been a very long time since I had a kitten (or since a kitten owned me). I'm more of a dog person. I didn't remember how much like puppies these cats are in their desire to chew stuff. Stuff like my fingers, for instance. And my toes. While I'm trying to sleep. I was sitting peacefully at my computer on Sunday with my ear-bud headphones on, listening to pretty music while trying to ignore the annoying screech from my children. Scher was on my lap underneath the desk. All of a sudden my music went from stereo to mono, then to barely an echo. The little sneak chewed into my headphone wire severing the connections. It wasn't a little cheap $5 set, either. Perhaps that's what I need to get, though, until her need to chew abates.
- Our weather has been decidedly spring-like. We're getting a lot of rain, and temperatures this week are in the mid to upper 60s F (18-20 C). My Bradford Pear tree is once more threatening to bloom. We had some freezing temps last week for a couple of nights, but nothing extremely cold. The buds are still small and tight enough that I think they survived last week. But the forecast this week is for this warmer wet weather, our lowest low for the foreseeable future being 30F (-1). It will be interesting to see what the pear tree does.
- 'Tis time to take down our Christmas decorations. Since we didn't put up the not-a-tree until Christmas Eve, I am not finished enjoying it. I don't really want to take it down yet. But it is time.
- I went to bed at 6:00 last night. It started as a post coital nap, but extended until 4:30 this morning. I felt great when I woke up! I got up, took Scher with me into the kitchen. (She was being very playful and bite-ish, and I wanted to let Superman sleep. She didn't.) I used the 5 over-ripe bananas we had on the table to make two small loaves of banana bread. Twitch, the silly boy, doesn't like pecans. I made one loaf without pecans and used the full recipe allotment of pecans in the second loaf. That's some good banana bread!! I sliced the fresh hot banana nut loaf, buttered a couple of pieces, and took those and a pot of fresh coffee to Superman who was still in bed. By this time it was 6:45, way past time for him to be awake. He makes breakfast and coffee for me almost every day, and it was fun to return the favor.
- Scher had a wonderful time in the kitchen this morning. I had to shoo her off the table a couple of times, but there is so much junk on the floor she was plenty entertained down there. She found a small paper sack. OMG cute!! She kept running from one side of the kitchen near the refrigerator all the way across the room and into the utility room at the other end. She was pouncing at everything from paper towels that had been dropped and not picked up, to the bags of garbage waiting by the back door, to my feet. Totally adorable.
- I walked and stood a lot yesterday morning. It took all morning to get all the loose ends tied up so I could register for classes. I had to go from the psychology department to the registrar's office, to admissions, to financial aid, to the English department, back to psychology, back to admissions, back to the registrar. It's a small school, and all these offices are in the same building. I made use of the elevator. Nevertheless that's a lot more activity than I am used to. (Sedentary describes my normal activity level) All I carried was my purse and a clipboard. Plus the extra weight I'm wearing, which is considerable. I am 100-150 lbs heavier than I want to/should be. The sedentary lifestyle isn't helping. Yesterday afternoon and this morning I notice that my hips and pelvic area are sore. Most of my weight is around the abdomen (the most dangerous for heart attack risk, they tell me). My pelvic girdle holds a lot of weight, and that's where it hurts today. I hope I can build up strength and stamina, and perhaps lose some weight before I injure myself walking around campus carrying heavy books. Oy.
- Light and Superman have pretty much finished preparing the other bedroom for her occupancy. It needs a bit of touch up painting in a couple of places where she did a sloppy masking job. I can do that pretty easily. I need to move all of her stuff and my sewing stuff out of her former bedroom that Sproing is now sleeping in. That, and taking down the Christmas decorations are my tasks for today. Right now I'm sitting here playing on my blog instead of moving things around. Hmmm. Time to get off my ample ass and get to work!
- Happy Tuesday everyone!
Moving Along, but Adrift
10 years ago
13 comments:
I think you can pretend you are Russian Orthodox. I think they have Christmas around jan. 21? I could be making that up, but I know it is late. That way you could keep your tree up.
Please let Indigo know that I am not mad at him. I was really grumpy last night and I know I was and it had NOTHING to do with him. I was just grumpy. I spelled out the reasons on my blog and let him know but sometimes I think he doesn't believe me. He thinks it is all his fault and that is never true.
I know I can be grumpy.
Good news on classes!!!!
I love kitty stories, they are so entertaining. There destruction is not tho. But watching a kitten play is better than tv.
Kittens are so adorable at play.
Our weather has been very psychotic as well (sleet and snow with temps in the teens one day, then sunny and in the 60s a few days later).
I'm with Twitch on the no pecans stance. I don't like nuts at all. (Well, most nuts that is...hee hee.)
Much luck with the upcoming semester!
I can never sleep after any kind of coital activity! Seriously, it's like a big old jolt for me. Maybe that's why your hips hurt? *wink wink*
Wow! I'm pretty sure I won't remember everything I wanna say. First of all, post-coital naps are the bomb. Second of all, send me a piece of Banana Bread! Thirdly, congrads on Lander. Fourthly, your kitty is adorable.
Halo incarnates
Am glad dark mom is in college. Will be good at helping people. Has helped us very much. Am glad. Love dark mom.
I had so much catching up to do, but finallyI think I'm up to date. Congrat's on the new classes. I say in their honor you get really crazy, and throw out the new fish guts dishwashing liquid.
Scheherazade sounds like she is good company, on the whole.
Now I want banana bread.
Happy New Year, Dear Java.
Joy with bleach, citrus scent is what I use. And the Cascade gel tab's, citrus scent for the dishwasher...no fish gut smell!!
I haven't had sex in years so I just take naps by myself. Good luck in school. I know it's ruff on me!
l love a nap - regardless of the etilogy.
They are a luxury - yum.
"She found a small paper sack. OMG cute!!" This seems a revelation to me about you. Perhaps, if you got *bigger* paper sacks, for Sproing and Diva to play in...
Oh, I heartily second Patrick's two best points: lose the icky fish dish soap...and bring on the Banana Bread, with pecans, thank you!!
: )
I would love to get a kitten, if only they didn't grow into cats. And I can't wait to hear about your excursions at school.
Can't they make dish soap that doesn't smell like anything?
I love pecans, and most other nuts.
Our Christmas tree and decor are still up, too. We're having a little company Sat night so we'll leave the holiday stuff up until Sun. Its pretty; why rush putting it away?
Post a Comment