Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I just had a thought that led to a question (not atypical for me)

Why is a Prince Albert called a Prince Albert? Does it have anything to do with Prince Albert?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only in the sense that Vicki's hubby was a well-known dickhead. There is no evidence that the Queen's husband had mutilated himself.

Ur-spo said...

there was a legend/rumor HRH Albert had a hole in his penis. So it is named after him.
What a legacy.

Maddog said...

There is no mention of why it's called a PA in Wikipedia...and they know everything.

A Lewis said...

Oh man, you've opened a can of worms here. Especially with all of us perverts.

Brilliant or Something said...

Let me just say, OUCH!
That, and I've heard that one of the members of the court at that time (not necessarily PA) had such an adornment for the simple reason of keeping the line of his pants straight.
The things people go through for fashion.

Bigg said...

I've seen this piercing done... more than once. I do live with a tattoo artist (tattooist?) after all.
*shudder*

evilganome said...

I heard the same explanation as Brilliant.

Patrick said...

I too have heard the story Brilliant provided. The pants back then were very tight, and were supposed to be flat along the front. The age of the codpiece had long since past. I doubt Vicki would have been into them.