Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How to survive a nervous breakdown, take one

There is a note taped to my door. It says

Do Not Disturb

I'm disturbed enough already

visiting hours

7:30-8:30 a.m., 6:30-8:00 p.m.
or by appointment or special decree



I explained everything to the best of my ability to Light this morning. Told her I'm trying to stay out of the hospital here, I need her help. I gave her some cash. She's going to take her siblings out to a movie and lunch today, and possibly to the park after that.

Then Twitch came in, I told him I need him to help out a lot because I'm not able to deal with anything right now. Explained that I am in the midst of a nervous breakdown and need to avoid stress. Get this: he asked me how long this will take. Will I be OK by 10:00 this morning? He wants to go to the mall for big sale at his favorite clothing store. Um, no dear. This is bigger than that. I had already arranged with Light to drop him off at the mall anyway, so he'll get what he wants. I even gave him a little money. How nice am I?

I explained the situation to each of the 10 yr olds separately. By the time I talked to Diva I was all in. Light was here with her, and I finally said to her "Do you know what I'm trying to say? I can't go through it again. Can you talk to her?" She's going to take care of it. I gave each of them big hugs, told 'em I love them. Maybe that will help some.

What I have done today for the good of my cause
  • Had some quick but good sex
  • Got dressed
  • Ate a good breakfast
  • Took Superman to work (all this before 7:30 mind you)
  • Got some cash from the ATM for the kids to use while they stay away today
  • Payed the (overdue) power bill
  • Stopped at the grocery store for a loaf of bread, some soda for the kids, and a pack of blueberry muffins for my second breakfast, to enjoy with coffee
  • Explained my situation/condition to the children then sent them away
  • Put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door
  • Am now listening to refreshing music with my headphone/ear buds. Sounds applied directly to the ears help muffle extraneous not-so-pleasant sounds

When I started to feel overwhelmed in the grocery store I went directly to check out. I got what I got. If we need more, someone else can get it.

I'm tired now. Nap time!

TTFN!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry you are going through this. Sounds like you are doing the right thing...getting time to yourself...once you got rid of everyone else. lol.....I was in the hospital twice for being depressed...I would of rather stayed in my room for a while...it ended up being good because I got to see a therapyist everyday but....I about tied up all the freakin people I had ot spend time wiht in "group sessions" lol....hope you have a good day....I know this is an old, too many times repeated saying...but take care of yourself too!

Dr. Sparky said...

Sex and a nap ... sounds good to me!

Hang in there. Do what you need to do for you. And smile.

TigerYogiji said...

((HUGS)) :(

Greg said...

Java, dear, this may be the most well-organized NB I've heard tell of...good for you managing the important things and still setting things up to take care of you in a proper manner.

I hope it was a lovely nap and that your day is blissful and cool!

Uncle Zoloft said...

... have you watched Blazing Saddles yet? Warning: try to keep away from liquids while veiwing the film. Liquids have been known to fly out of one's nose while watching it.

Indigo said...

indigo incarnates

the ironic thing is that we sort of use dissociation to create a "do not disturb" effect. halo is a heck of a lot braver than me.

A Lewis said...

Is there any other kind of sex to have except for 'quick'? I mean, we're at 11 years here. Come on now.

Indigo said...

indigo incarnates

I'm glad that halo was able to talk with you. he understands darkness and pain.

I'll keep you in my prayers, and you know I follow a loving goddess :)

Mark in DE said...

How considerate of you to make all the preparations for the family to enable them to permit you to have some time to yourself! Most people on the verge of a nervous breakdown aren't that 'together' or considerate.

I always knew you were special!

{{{{{{{Java}}}}}}}

Mark :-)

tornwordo said...

I hope you get the peace and solitude you need. And I bet the kids had a great day. Hugs to you.

Unknown said...

sometimes laughter gets me through. here's hoping you can find some laughter.

How can you tell if you are at a gay barbeque?

"the hot dogs taste like shit"

whimsical brainpan said...

I am so glad that you are taking the time to take care of yourself.

Doug said...

Oh, Java. That sounds like a good plan until you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Dear Java,

I'm totally impressed with the kind and honest way you are going about this nervous breakdown.

I know you will get through it too, even if you might possibly doubt it.

I'm sending love.