Sunday, May 25, 2008

A quickie

There is lots of stuff to do. I'm getting ready for my trip. I'm also getting excited about my trip. With lots of design help from me, Superman has built a contraption with which I can camp in the bed of my truck. We call it a Conestoga. I had it set up today, but have now taken it down. I plan to take pictures when I set it up again at the campground.

This is the first time in (I think) two days that I've even logged on the 'net. And it is kinda late now. I'm gonna check out a couple of other blogs, but I know I won't get to all the ones I usually visit. Blogging may be slow for the next little while, since I will be leaving on Tuesday for my adventure. Much of tomorrow I will be preparing for my travels. Then Tuesday I'll be driving, and camping. I doubt I'll have internet access in the campground. It is a state park, not a fancy schmancy resort campground that might have wi-fi. Thursday is probably the soonest I'll have a good chance to blog.


Twitch drew this today. He was reading/looking at a book of drawings my M. C. Escher, and was inspired to draw this. I think it is a copy of one of the prints in the book.

He showed me his work, then wanted me to take a picture of it so I could put it here on my blog. I found that amusing. The young'un knows I blog about my life, and that he is often the subject of my posts. So here is his sketch that he wanted to show you.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool artwork. And I think the weather will be beautiful for camping.

Anonymous said...

Camping is air conditioned. Camping is gas stoves and microwaves. Camping is hot and cold running wifi.

This is just not right. Having said that, have a safe trip!

Bill said...

I know you are busy, and excited about your trip! Great name: Conestoga. I envision you in a long gingham dress and a big ol' bonnet by a campfire with your laptop.
Come back with fun stories and tall tales for us. Stop at roadside attractions. Take a picture of the World's Largest Ball of Twine.

Birdie said...

That ball of twine is in Kansas, Bill. I know, because I wanted to see it on my road trip a couple of years ago. Alas, it was too far off the route. We settled for Rock City. (No, not the one in NC.)

Where are you headed, Java? Can't wait to hear your version of events. You always have me laughing.

Indigo said...

For Doug and I, our idea of camping is taking a week on a cruise ship, heh heh.

I've always thought M.C. Escher was awesome. I like the sketch your son made!

Anonymous said...

Have a very safe, yet fun, time camping. I hope that the weather provides you an interesting adventure. I love the artwork that your son has provided and the art of Escher. He's got a good eye!

Unknown said...

he really has your eyes. camping he? i find holiday inns to be roughing it enough for me...:P

Ur-spo said...

i haven't been camping since boy scouts; i remember it was a lot of fun; i am probably too old or too pampered now to do it.
but i would be keen to try!

Anonymous said...

Your mysterious camping trip sounds fun. May the winds be behind you.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your camp stories. Hurry back!

Anonymous said...

We look forward to your return, bien sûr!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Tell your son, very cool illusion!

Hmmmm, I also think someone looks a bit like him mom. ;)

Are you on the road again! haha! Have fun!

Patrick said...

That's an excellent reproduction of Escher's image. Even with the graph paper I think it would take a meticulous hand. I love Escher.

Have a great trip, can't wait to hear about it, maybe some of it in person?