Hmmm. They seem to be out-of-focus shoes. I hadn't noticed that before. No matter.
'Twas Tuesday he came to me complaining about his shoes. Once he decides he needs something like that, he thinks he needs it immediately. He nagged me about it all afternoon.
"Mom, will you take me out to get some new shoes?"
Not right now. Maybe Dad can take you when he gets home from work.
"Mom, I really need new shoes!"
I know. You will get new shoes. But not now, and maybe not today.
Then I asked him to wash the outside of the windows along the front of the house.
"If I do, will you take me to get some shoes?"
Not necessarily. Go wash the windows. Argh!
I went out with him to help with the rinse, and to take pictures of the old shoes. Diva joined us and had a lovely time scrubbing the shutters.
There are no pictures of Diva enjoying herself with the soap because I'd put the camera inside so it wouldn't get wet. Twitch did the windows, Diva did the shutters, and I rinsed.I really hoped that Superman would take Twitch out to get shoes. I do not like shoe shopping! I'd rather take him than Diva, though. That girl loves to shop for shoes. She'll try on every pair she can get her feet into just for the fun of it. I do not see the allure. Drives me nuts.
But when Superman got home he felt icky, like he was coming down with a cold. We did something for dinner, I can't remember what. Diva and Sproing were getting ready for bed, and Superman was sprawled out on the bed looking tired and
There was nothing left but to do it myself. Dear me. So Twitch and I headed out to the shoe store. By the time we left the house it was after 8:30. Of course the shoe store closes at 9:00. We entered the store at 9:50. *
We tried to be quick. The boy has a large wide foot with practically no arch, so it isn't so easy to find a shoe that fits. He wanted a shoe in a dark color, not white. As you can tell by the picture he had to settle for white. I told him we could come back after school Wednesday and look some more, or go to another store Wednesday afternoon. But no. He had decided he needed shoes that day. So he settled for white. Whatever. No skin off my nose.
Here he is Captain Morgan-ing it up for the camera in his nice new shoes. I had the clerk at the shoe store throw the other ones away. Good riddance
*I know those clerks weren't happy. Sorry. I don't like to do that.
8 comments:
new shoes- paolo nuitini on you tube. nice vid...nice song
Nice shoes. I sympathize with the Diva thing; Twitch and I were the ones who took her shoe shopping for those hideous pink and cammo (sp?) monstrosities, and she tried on every shoe she could within about 3 sizes. Heaven for her, Purgatory for me and Twitch.
Nice shoes nice brown eyes. I need my windows washed.
And, who cares about the clerk? Twitch has new shoes..and that is more important.
Store clerks be damned! (Just kidding!)
Purdy shoes Java, and nice new pic on the side of the blog!
Having been that clerk once upon a time,*I* care for her! But, also having been her, I would see the distress in Java's eyes and have sympathy... ;)
Most awesome excellent new shoes! He is lucky to have a Mom who will get him cool shoes! And, great brown eyes!
I tend to only get excited about new shoes for myself when they are on the platform type and look cool with my flare-leg'd jeans.
I sort of like windows to be dirty but that is just me. LOL!
kisses to you from sunny california!
matty
Well, now you won't have to worry about him catching something embarrassing from the shoes. I'm still laughing about the assessment of the difference in hole sizes.
Post a Comment