So I was talking to Superman this morning while I was painting the firewood rack in our backyard. We were talking about my increased motivation and the lessening of my depression. I said that I'd had brief episodes of feel-good-motivation-to-get-stuff-done (hereafter referred to as "motivation") surrounded by lots of mope-and-not-getting-much-accomplished (hereafter referred to as "depression"). I feel as though I've been depressed for probably 30, maybe 35, of my 52 years. That's total periods of depression interspersed with days/weeks/years of feeling pretty good and motivated, mostly in bursts of days or weeks, not months or years. Superman remembers it a bit differently, that I was motivated more often than depressed until about seven or eight years ago, which would be when Diva and Sproing (who are now 16.5) began to get really difficult, and when Twitch was in the worst of his teen years. Now that the kidlets are in the worst of their teen years (and have been for at least four years) things are still bad. Refer to, oh hell, most of my blog archives, since I started this blog in 2007 when I was already in the dumps.
I painted the firewood rack this morning. I asked Twitch to do it last week and he just never got around to it. He had lots of excuses. Excuses are his speciality. He's a lazy son of a bitch.
Oh, and did I tell you that Manny is back? We sprung him from the repair shop on Friday, IIRC. $550 for bail, or repairs in this case. Damn. Ron the mechanic said I really need to get this oil leak fixed, too. It's in the lifter area, evidently the gasket on the lifter head leaks. There are other oil leaks, but he says probably 90% of the oil is coming from there. That repair will probably cost at least $400.
Manny's clutch appears to be fine, it was the bracket holding the clutch and brake pedals that broke, causing the clutch to slip badly. This is what Ron the mechanic says. I really don't know much of what I'm talking about. I don't know the difference between a broken clutch and a slipped clutch. I do know that he's shifting just fine now.
And I feel the need for a trip. I'd love to go to western PA again to see Light, but I could be happy with a weekend camping trip in the mountains, perhaps a day driving the Blue Ridge Parkway.
It's late, I'm tired, and all sorts of other things. So goodnight, and I'll see about writing more before too long. I'd like to blog at least once a week rather than the once or twice a month I've managed recently. Motivation, people!!
Moving Along, but Adrift
10 years ago
5 comments:
The worst is getting started and going. Then motivation can go into cruise control.
Holy shit, you sound good.
The meds seem to be working eh? :)
Hey, I am ready for a trip too and am ready to go July 1st. You should do this and come see me a bit further east in PA and then we can take off together for awhile!
I am so glad the new meds are working. They aren't a panacea, but holy moly! You sound so much better!
As to the truck...I am SURPRISED that Superman doesn't so simple things like clutches and brakes and gaskets! Find a gearhead friend! They work for beer and parts.
Good to hear from you.
Peace <3
Jay
Thanks for stopping by my new blog! Its always a pleasure to meet another baseball fan as well. Glad things seem to be better.....keep it up and pop over to fearsomebeard for some thoughtful contemplations and pick me ups. Speaking of pick me ups, its time to put on a pot of coffee here.
Post a Comment