Thursday, February 14, 2013

This Thursday thing seems to be a trend [Now with updates!!]

If I'm only posting once a week, Thursday seems like as good a day as any to do so.

Happy Thanksgiving. No, wait, it's Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day, a day in which I give thanks for my most wonderful husband.

...And, incidentally, my son Twitch's birthday. Happy Birthday, Twitch! He's living at home now, again, looking for work. Today he turns 22. I just talked to him. The gay boys were up late last night "tripping on something" and evidently being pretty noisy about it. I didn't hear a thing, but that's not unusual. I'm at the other end of the house with my CPAP making soothing white noise in my nose all night. But they woke up Twitch, and now he's in a snit. He went back to sleep and only woke up again at 9:30. He is currently drinking some coffee. I told him to take a shower. Hopefully he'll feel better after he eats.

I have yet to get his birthday gifts. He wants wool socks and some fine whiskey. Was chatting with Victor last night who said he got wool socks for his husband at Kmart, so I should look there. And I will, but I reminded Victor that there's a big difference in what items the big box stores stock depending on their location. He is in Vermont, I'm in South Carolina. My chance of finding wool socks in the Kmart here is significantly lower than if I were in Vermont. Did you know that there are no snow shovels at either Kmart or Walmart in this town? At least I don't think there are. Have never seen any. Actually, until Light moved to Pennsylvania, I don't think I'd ever seen a snow shovel. Didn't know what they look like. I saw one when I visited her last year.

That paragraph went all over the place, didn't it?

We're struggling with Diva again/still. She needs to go someplace else. I cleaned out my old dresser (we're rearranging our bedroom, sort of) and found a list of possible placements for the girl. I'll look those up online today, see if anything seems suitable. She's sort of falling between the cracks here. She's too extreme for the group home-type places that are what they call "low management" but not quite crazy enough for the "high management" treatment centers. We haven't found anything in between yet. Still looking.

Recently I've fallen into the trap of taking a morning nap sometime between 9 and noon. It's 10:15 now, and I feel so sleepy! But I'm resisting. The longer I sit here, though, the harder it is to resist. I need to either get up and DO something or go on to sleep. Think I'll do something, like go buy booze and socks. Also, I need to bake a lemon meringue pie for the birthday boy. So I'm off to do those things now. Ta ta!

UPDATE: I ended up not even looking for the wool socks. I might look tomorrow, or order some online or something. Twitch will be happy to get them even if they're late. I did, however, find some booze. I got him a bottle of Bushmills. That stuff is not cheap! I hope he enjoys and appreciates it.

I made two pies, one lemon meringue and one chocolate cream. Maybe I'll take pictures.

And I did not have a nap! Though right now I'm feelin' the need. The casserole that Twitch requested is in the oven now. Superman made it last night at Sproing's request, and it was so well received that Twitch wanted it again tonight. It's a simple salmagundi of rice, canned chicken meat, a few frozen peas, and assorted cheeses. I think. Superman invented it based on stuff Sproing likes. After supper I'll give Twitch his gift (I even wrapped it nice and all) and we'll attack the pies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never seen a snowshovel?! OMG that's the funniest thing ever since in Canada, children are given snowshovels for their first birthday! (I'm kidding, but barely!)

I was wondering how long the Diva optimism was going to last.

Jim said...

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by today and the kind words.
Your life is always so full and I suspect that is what drives you....good thing. You know you 'have' a few 'books' there, right?/write?
Never saw a shovel!? lol I can't grasp this? Hilarious!
Find you socks? I know a Victor in Vermont...just sayin.

Cubby said...

Are you all set for Delaware?

Anonymous said...

When we moved to SC all the kids were fascinated by our SLED! We were the most popular kids in the neighborhood when it actually SNOWED that winter!

As to wool socks, try http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/SubCategory___40000000226_200368512
or http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-underwear/mens-socks/mens-work-socks.aspx

Peace <3
Jay

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I like Bushmills, but prefer Makers Mark!
HAHAHA
Peace <3
Jay