May I share it with the rest of the class? I would also like to see this published somewhere. Let me see if I can figure out what publications publish pieces like this. It should find a larger audience than just our class." I think she liked it.
In other news, Mama is still here. Things calmed down a lot after the in-laws left. After we returned home from the graduation exercises, we served the pie. It was well received. I certainly enjoyed both the pecan and the lemon meringue. Then I retired to the bedroom for a nap. I had dropped Mama off at her hotel on the way home from graduation since she was tired and not feeling well. So Mama wasn't here to "worry" about. I took a nap that lasted until 9:00 Friday night. The in-laws were gone, someone (not Someone) had ordered pizza, and Mama had been retrieved. I find that sleep is often a wonderful way to avoid confrontations.
The weekend is going well. Mama is pleasant company, and not particularly demanding. I am only slightly annoyed with her, and that's mainly my fault. There are some little habits she has that just annoy the crap out of me. Nothing serious, nothing that would necessarily bother anyone else, just stuff that irritates me. I'm a real bitch that way.
I will take Mama to the airport this afternoon. We need to leave here at 5:00 in order to be at the airport early enough to suit her. Whatever. I don't think I'll wait with her, unless she really wants me to. I'd rather not have to park the car at the airport. I have a craving for ginger snaps. I want to drop her off at the airport and find a grocery store where I can get a bag/box of gingersnaps.
The f**king "F" key on my faulty keyboard is still fudged up. I cleaned under it, but to no avail. Well, I availed a bunch of crud out of there, but it still doesn't want to work properly.
****I just received an email from Patrick. His brother was killed in a car crash yesterday. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
7 comments:
So sorry to hear about Patrick's brother - but kudos to you on your coping skills. Ginger snaps, though? They're a little too... something for me.
Congrats on the writing triumph! And pie always hits the spot.
SAD news for Patrick. Prayers ascend.
Congrats on making it through!
Maybe you'll share your piece here? That's certainly a wider audience than just your class. ;)
AC and I will be keeping Patrick in our thoughts.
Mmm, pie. A sweet comfort in difficult times.
Indeed I will.
I find it sweet that I read this on some other blogs too. It gives comfort to know we are a network.
That would be so great to have your work published!!!!
Thinking and praying for Patrick too.
OMG I have not thought about Giner Snaps in years.
I knew that you would do well when I said having a blast while doing a homework exercise usually means that your best foot was put forward. Glad to hear that the Prof liked it. Sorry to hear about Patrick's brother.
Post a Comment