with Anu Garg
honcho
PRONUNCIATION:
MEANING:
noun: One who is in charge of a situation; leader; boss.
verb tr.: To organize, manage, or lead a project, event, etc.
ETYMOLOGY:verb tr.: To organize, manage, or lead a project, event, etc.
From Japanese honcho, from hon (squad) + cho (chief). Earliest documented use: 1947.
USAGE:
“The three head honchos are the recipients of the Best CEO Award.”
Cool Heads and Calm Nerves at the Helm; The Business Times (Singapore); Aug 12, 2013.
Explore "honcho" in the Visual Thesaurus. Cool Heads and Calm Nerves at the Helm; The Business Times (Singapore); Aug 12, 2013.
A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
You can out-distance that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you. -Rwandan proverb
And I've included the thought for today which I find to be very true.
Honcho, it turns out, is a Japanese word. Huh, that surprises me. I thought it was Spanish.
I am home with Diva today. She's behaving herself well. Yesterday she acted like a mean bitch, but today she's doing well so far. I've had her doing some work, though not a lot. I don't have the gumption to drive her harder right now. She's reading Elie Wiesel's Night in her English class. I have a copy, and my plan is to read to her from the book later in the afternoon. She doesn't read very well. I could have her read the book herself, but she will bitch about it (probably) and either won't do it, or will pretend to do it and not get anything out of it.
I read some of my favorite blogs today. It's been a while since I read most of these blogs. I love reading what sort of things my blog buddies are up to. Why don't I do it more often? Maybe it's the depression thing. Or perhaps it just takes too much time. Yeah, I've been sitting here for a couple of hours reading blogs when I could have (should have) been doing other useful things. I have stuff to accomplish today. Sitting on my fat ass reading blogs isn't one of them.
Twitch moved out!! We (Superman and I) drove him to Charleston on Saturday, left him in a cute little apartment with a couple of other young guys, friends of his. Operative word is "left." Not French gauche left, but abandoned left. "Left without him." Oh, it's good to have one fewer character living in this house. One of the things I want to accomplish today (this week) is to move the rest of his stuff out of the room he's been staying in and move MY stuff into it, to reclaim it as my office. This is a glorious thing. Though I think I'll paint it before it gets crowded up with my junk. What color? Don't know yet. We have LOTS of extra paint hanging around the house, cans we've used for other things. We have a lot of ugly green paint, and I don't want that. We also have some pink, some dark purple, and a few yellows. I'm thinking yellow would look nice in there. Maybe pink, but probably not. Pink can be nice, but it's easy to overdo the pink.
Superman is coming home for lunch soon, so I'm gonna get this posted and heat up some of the left over chili that's taking up room in my refrigerator.
5 comments:
Oh my, you sound good, Java! So happy for you!
I vote for purple with bright accents of LIME GREEN!!!! Those are MY favorite colors so they should be yours, too! HAHAHAHAHA
I love leftover chili. It's always best on day two or three after the spices get into every nook and cranny of the meat and beans.
Great post! So nice to hear you so positive!!! GOOD STUFF!!!!
Peace <3
Jay
what sort of chili? I collect chili recipes.
Reading blogs is only possible when people actually blog...LOL! It's nice to see a post!
Night is a great book, I hope she takes something from it. Nice that you are reading it to her. My kids still love it when I read to them and both are avid readers.
I have cramps. :(
It's still too hot here for chili. I hope Diva continues to behave.
Night is an excellent book, and I hope she pays attention to it.
Glad to see you're posting again; it is always nice to see/hear you.
And I apologize for the abundance of green paint. My bad.
Post a Comment