-1
As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Poor (Failure) |
Evidently I'm not a good wife. At least from the 1930s perspective. But I put out, so it's all good. Right?
-6
As a 1930s husband, I am
Very Poor (Failure) |
Is it good or bad that I'm an even worse 1930s husband?
I couldn't sleep last night, even though I tried. Didn't get to sleep until about 8:30 this morning, then only slept four hours. I'm tired now (10:30 Wednesday night), and when I'm done with this post I'll lie down and try to sleep again. I did well to avoid napping any more this afternoon.
I have nothing to do, nowhere to go these days. I'm supposed to be looking for a job. I am, sort of, but not with much gusto. No surprise, but I've been struggling with depression. Hasn't been too bad today, but late last week was a bitch.
We've had lots of rain recently. The area is officially in a drought, so the rain is a good thing, but damn, my yard is a soggy mess. And there's a leak (of course) through the foundation wall (just above the foundation, actually) bringing water into the crawlspace under the kitchen. It's very obvious now that we don't have a kitchen floor. Superman figured out the whys and wherefores of the leak and has stuff to stem the tide, but hasn't had a chance to get back under the house to plug the leak. Maybe this weekend. Then maybe he can start nailing the subfloor onto the joists. This damn kitchen mess is one contributor to my depression. It's such a disruption of the normal flow of life around here. And expensive, too, what with convenience foods (frozen, prepackaged, etc.) and take-out, and disposable cups, plates, bowls, forks, knives, spoons.
Yesterday was Sproing's birthday. He's 14 now, and will be the same age as Diva for the next 10.5 months. It feels like a disturbance in the force for the month and a half that she's "older" than him. He got a pull up bar for his birthday. The thing rests at the top of the door frame without having to be clamped in or anything. Cool, really, and the kid can pull himself up on it, too. He did two reps for me last night. I don't know many he can do. He also got his own cell phone. Actually bought the thing with his own money. It's a pay as you go plan, and he has 100 or 150 minutes (I forget) a month, but unlimited texts. That's what he mostly wants, the texts. The darling hasn't given me his phone number yet. Oy.
OK, it's 11:00 now and I'm going to try this sleep thing again.
I couldn't sleep last night, even though I tried. Didn't get to sleep until about 8:30 this morning, then only slept four hours. I'm tired now (10:30 Wednesday night), and when I'm done with this post I'll lie down and try to sleep again. I did well to avoid napping any more this afternoon.
I have nothing to do, nowhere to go these days. I'm supposed to be looking for a job. I am, sort of, but not with much gusto. No surprise, but I've been struggling with depression. Hasn't been too bad today, but late last week was a bitch.
We've had lots of rain recently. The area is officially in a drought, so the rain is a good thing, but damn, my yard is a soggy mess. And there's a leak (of course) through the foundation wall (just above the foundation, actually) bringing water into the crawlspace under the kitchen. It's very obvious now that we don't have a kitchen floor. Superman figured out the whys and wherefores of the leak and has stuff to stem the tide, but hasn't had a chance to get back under the house to plug the leak. Maybe this weekend. Then maybe he can start nailing the subfloor onto the joists. This damn kitchen mess is one contributor to my depression. It's such a disruption of the normal flow of life around here. And expensive, too, what with convenience foods (frozen, prepackaged, etc.) and take-out, and disposable cups, plates, bowls, forks, knives, spoons.
Yesterday was Sproing's birthday. He's 14 now, and will be the same age as Diva for the next 10.5 months. It feels like a disturbance in the force for the month and a half that she's "older" than him. He got a pull up bar for his birthday. The thing rests at the top of the door frame without having to be clamped in or anything. Cool, really, and the kid can pull himself up on it, too. He did two reps for me last night. I don't know many he can do. He also got his own cell phone. Actually bought the thing with his own money. It's a pay as you go plan, and he has 100 or 150 minutes (I forget) a month, but unlimited texts. That's what he mostly wants, the texts. The darling hasn't given me his phone number yet. Oy.
OK, it's 11:00 now and I'm going to try this sleep thing again.
5 comments:
The pullup bar is a good idea.
I failed at the 30s housewife thing too...hahahahah! Good for us!
Maybe a job would be good for you right now? To get you out and about...might be the thing to perk you right up!
I got a -8 as a housewife, but a 3 as a husband... Trez bizzer, as Dad says. I'm sorry you're feeling low. Are you able to do art any at all anywhere? That may help. I love you, and think you are awesome, so remember that.
Also, I have Sproing's number if you want me to send it to you. We were texting back and forth today during his recess/lunch and my class. He didn't believe that egg could make paint when I told him about the tempera painting I was doing. It's kind of weird; I am starting to get this impression of him as a person instead of a brother, if that makes any sense. Call me.
try 1230s, overall a more friendly time.
I just upgraded to a new phone with texting abilities. Thought I'd never use it and now I'm up to about a 100 texts a day!
Post a Comment