I took the license plate off the truck when we were in the cemetery just in case. After we packed up I drove five miles down the road and stopped at a convenience store to replace the license plate. Then we toodled on home to South Carolina. Both of the guys were quite calm, amazingly. When I talked to N the night before he was anxious. C has been a basket case for days, both excited and worried. They both worry a lot. By the time N met up with us he was calm and ready to do this. The whole thing went amazingly well. Manny performed excellently, what with his age and his decrepit condition.
We got home, the guys unpacked the truck, and I took a nap. Later in the afternoon I went to school to work on my pottery. (Pictures soon, really.) Some time after 8:00 Superman called me to say that the police had visited us. Hmmmm. My heart skipped a beat. He said all was cool, that N's step father had called them, asked them to check on N's welfare. N and C were out on a walk at the time, so the officer asked Superman to have N call his home or to call them and they'd relay the message that he was fine.
I got home from school around 10:00, and they guys hadn't called anyone. I joined them in the back yard to help them finish off a bottle of wine. We laughed, talked, drank, and generally had a wonderful time and didn't call anybody. We all went to bed and slept well.
C got up first. When I heard him puttering around I got up too. I tell you, he looks so happy! So happy, relaxed, at ease, etc. You know, the look you get when it's been a long time and you finally have really good sex with the one person you want to have sex with. The attitude you have the first time you get to wake up next to the person you love.
The peace was dashed when the doorbell rang at 9:00 this morning.
8 comments:
You have my attention. HUGS
See....I told you....if you didn't have a doorbell, none of this would have happened......
Dammit, mom! You can't just leave it like that! I can't even call you now.
Yes, yes! What! The makings of a really good suspense/romantic TV movie.
Waiting......
Jim
Hmmm, a cliffhanger.
I've checked back 3 times today. :)
No fair! I hope it wasn't his mom! You better get back and spill it some more! But I'm smiling that they are together, good for them.
Will N finish school? Will his parents come to terms with their son's orientation? Will Java and Superman et al be okay? Stay tuned...
Post a Comment