Monday, July 19, 2010

We made it back

Sproing and I are safely home again. He did amazingly well on our trip. The secret: go-kart racing! The poor deprived child had never driven a go-kart before. I remember go-kart tracks in the Orlando area from when I was a kid, so I did a quick Google search and found a great place not too far from where my Mama lives. I took the boy over there and WOW! He had more fun than he's had in a while. The smile on his face was so rewarding! It does a mother's heart good to provide that much hearty, healthy fun for her boy. I wish there was a go-kart track around here, but alas, we live under a rock.We got home last night around 9:30. I'm home today, then C and I head north to Massachusetts tomorrow. I need to check the route to figure out where we might stop for the night(s). I'm not sure how long to expect the trip to take. I will be the only driver, since C's license has expired and he needs a doctor's override to get it renewed. (Something about his squirrelly eyesight, having had a retina burned as a newborn due to other life-saving measures, or something like that.)

Unless I change my mind again, we will probably head north via I-81, through the Shenandoah Valley. That's one of my most favoritest places in the eastern U.S. We will miss the DC area with its associated traffic, etc. That route takes us back east through Pennsylvania. We'll experience the joys of New Jersey, then cross the Geo. Washington Bridge to traverse Manhattan Island. From there we hug the coast of Connecticut, then cut north to Massachusetts. Actually, I think I'll stay on the coast and head toward Cape Cod, just because I want to catch that experience and hopefully see my dear favorite garden blogger. I owe him an email and a warning! :)

Today holds errands. The car needs an oil change again, after the 1035 miles I put on her since we left last week. There is a bit of banking to do, and other assorted tasks of that nature. And laundry. Always laundry. It's time to get started on those tasks now, for look! It's already after noon!

5 comments:

Cubby said...

The Go-Karts looks very fun. I never had the opportunity as a kid. It's pretty cool you let Sproing do this.

Birdie said...

If you're ever in the Smokies, Pigeon Forge has a TON of go-kart tracks, including spiral woodies. It is the only reason to ever stop in Pigeon Forge, believe me, but they are a blast.

I'm green with envy about your drive through the Shenandoahs. I tried to talk the husband into a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway (in my convertible!) but he drives every day for a living and it doesn't hold much appeal for him. Dang. Please post pictures!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have fun on your next adventure.

rox said...

I'm glad you found something to put a big smile on that boy's face! =)

Travel safely!

Ur-spo said...

Go-kart therapy !