I've been moaning about how long and hot August is, despairing of fall ever arriving. Well, the Bradford Pear tree out front is shutting me up. Today as the late afternoon sun was lighting this side of the tree I noticed two small spots of red among the green canopy. Behold my first hint that summer will be over, fall will indeed come to the middle of nowhere, South Carolina.
Our temperatures haven't been as high this week, either. We didn't even see 90F degrees today. It was miserably humid. Sweat poured off anyone who exerted himself outside. But it wasn't quite as hot. Still, I'm glad I am not driving the bus now!
14 comments:
You must be eager for fall, if two lonely red leaves are your beacon of hope. Go to a big box store and buy one of those fans on clearance! It's gonna be awhile before the cool air comes.
For us it means yucky snow is coming in a few months.. wa.. wa..whaaaaa! :(.....
Boing! The bradford pears in our yard back in NC were always the last to lose their leaves and the first to get them. We don't have them up here, nor do we have Crepe Myrtles...I loved those trees!!!
It's almost disheartening to read of Fall arriving early to your stomping grounds. But I am NEVER dismayed by the colorful show a Bradford Pear tree puts on. You'll have to share more pics when the reds really "bleed."
I have to admit I am not a great lover of the Summer. People are so surprised when I say that but I love Autumn and Winter. I love the fact that it gets dark here really early and cosy nights in etc. I think its so lovely in the Autumn when the leaves start to fall.
Romach and I share the fact that summer is not our favorite season...and I'm always thankful to see the beauty of fall show up.
Indigo Incarnates
Mabon is coming up soon, which is Second Harvest and the first day of Autumn.
Our red maple has a red streak on the northeast side among all the green. Quite sassy!
Yesterday and today have been raining. Last Saturday, it was 95 degrees F and today it is 70 F.I think we still have some Summer left to enjoy.
I love Fall it is my favorite time of year so I always look forward to it....but Winter I can wait for.
i just thought about how it feels to be so different from everyone around you...
Don't even MENTION fall. I don't want to think about it yet.
Our evenings have been cool and fall-like, almost chilly once or twice...but we had 80s the last two days...only barely 70 today, though.
The days are shorter, the wheel of the seasons is definitely turning, and soon we'll get our beaches back from all those visitors!
You don't have to tell me, the high at my house yesterday was 65!
Post a Comment