
Turn signals. Also commonly called directional signals. Use them! If there are other drivers around you anywhere, in any direction, use your turn signals. Directional signals are used for changing lanes, passing another car, indicating a turn at an intersection. It is very helpful for other drivers to know what your intentions are if you are going to move from your current direction, lane, etc.
On a related note, please check your signals periodically as you drive down the street. Make sure your blinker is off if indeed you don't intend to make a turn.*
*I'm guilty of that one. Frequently on the bus I don't realize my signal is on. The bus makes lots of noise, and even more when there are students riding, so I seldom hear the sound it makes when blinking. I'm always embarrassed when I realize I've been driving down a long straight stretch of highway with my signals just a-blinkin'. Duh!
No comments:
Post a Comment