Friday, October 19, 2007

Henry

I finally found a good name for my bus. One of my students helped me think it through, and we've decided to call him Henry. All the special-needs buses are numbered with the prefix "H". I think it used to stand for "handicapped," but since that's a no-no word now, we say "special needs." However, the H remains on the buses. So of course the bus name must begin with H. This is my third year driving Henry but the first time I've found a name that fits him.

Old Henry is having trouble with his wheelchair lift. Something in the hydraulic system I suspect. When I fold out the lift it begins to slowly descend on its own before I can use the up/down switch. Earlier this week one student almost rolled his chair onto the lift when it had dropped almost 2 inches below the level of the bus floor. I turned in a maintenence request Thursday morning, and Henry was gone Thursday afternoon. That's when I got the Kidney Shaker.

Stay tuned for more about the Kidney Shaker!

No comments: