Tuesdays are typically busy days for me, and yesterday was no exception. To complicate matters I feel like I'm getting sick again. My chest it tight and my throat is getting sore. Superman is sick with this upper respiratory mess, too. He was home yesterday, and is taking a strong antibiotic which will hopefully knock out the bug that's been lingering in his system for a while.
I have an appointment to see the doc this morning, and another this afternoon to see my opthalmologist. My eyes have been feeling strange in the past few days. It might just be sinus pressure, or it might be the eyes themselves. Anyway, I'm seeing 2 different doctors today to ask about that.
I was very tired yesterday. When I got home from work Superman was lying down to rest, and he fell asleep shortly after I got home. I lay on the bed next to him and watched him fall asleep. It seemed like such a good idea. I got the kids situated (told them to eat some leftovers we have in the 'fridge and to put themselves to bed on time) then went to bed. It was about 5:00. I slept until 4:15 this morning. I haven't slept for 11 hours in a long time! It felt good. And upon waking I didn't feel any worse than I did yesterday. No better, but no worse.
I'm still working on book three of the saga. I hope to get it posted later today, unless I fall asleep again. We shall see. And yes, Patrick, there are 2 more additions to the family in book three.
Update:
I saw two doctors today. This morning I saw the family doc, who said I've got a sinus infection. I was in there a month ago for a sinus infection, and I suspect this is the same infection that didn't die out completely. And yes, I took ALL of my antibiotic. I think I was on Augmentin(sp?) But it's back again and I feel icky. After 11 hours of sleep last night I've been tired all day. I feel like I'm going through the day in a fog. My mind isn't *sharp* like it usually is. I'm making careless mistakes and missing obvious details. I get nervous about driving the bus when I'm like this. Anyway, the doctor prescribed a new, stronger antibiotic. (Levaquin 750mg if you're curious.) He says this ought to knock out the bug. I hope so! He also said the pressure I'm feeling in and around my eyes is probably from the sinuses and not the eyeballs themselves.
This afternoon I saw the eye doctor. They tested my vision, did their glaucoma test and stuff. He didn't dilate my eyes this time. He said we'd do that next year. OK by me! They did, however, update my prescription (slight change) and get me back into contacts. I wore contacts for a while maybe a year or two ago, then kinda' stopped. I don't remember why. But I wanted to start using them again. So I am typing this while looking through my contacts, not my glasses! OK, technically I'm looking through the reading glasses I need to use for close up vision, since the contacts only correct my distance vision. Let me tell ya', I look adorable in my little cheaters :-) I'll have to get a pic of this for you. The opthalmologist checked a few things concerning pain/pressure I've been having in my eyes for the last week, and didn't notice anything that might be a problem. He thinks it's probably the sinus infection. Although if it doesn't improve in a week or two I'm to go back.
I have a work excuse to stay home tomorrow, written by my wonderful friendly family doc. So I'm planning to sleep, sleep, drink lots of fluids, sleep, blog, sleep, blog, blog, sleep tomorrow.
Moving Along, but Adrift
10 years ago
12 comments:
i was sick allllll weekend, it sucked!
I've got it too. Sore throat, fever, congestion. I can't remember having a cold that was this bad. I put aside this week to write my paper, and maybe today I can get started. I think most of the U.S. has this bug.
Hope you're feeling better, Java.
Birdie
{{{Java}}} I hope you feel better soon. 11 hours of sleep is pretty sweet.
aww honey i feel 4 ya u know i just got out of the hospital with it. hope u feel better soon!
kisses
Watch that upper respiratory thing. I had a sore throat on a Saturday and 4 days later, I had pneumonia. That crap is brutal.
Feel better soon!
It seems the ick going around right now is much worse than usual. Superman has it, too, and Diva had it last week. Diva hardly ever gets sick, so that is significant, I think.
I have a minor cold right now too. Nothing awful...so far. And I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. But wow! 11 hrs. of sleep! I'd wake up with such a sore back I'd be crippled for two days if I tried that! As much as I love my mattress, too much sleep and I pay a dear price!
birdoparadise: I think you're right about the most of the U.S. thing. I know practically all of my college has had the bronchial and/or the stomach variation by now.
(I haven't, but I'm living on citrus fruits and hand sanitizer, *knockonwood*)
I hope you feel better soon too. Sinus infections are REALLY painful and taking high-level antibiotics for any period of time is simply energy-draining. I'll say a prayer for you. Blessed Be, friend. ::: big hug :::
My darling brill: Please don't drink the hand sanitizer.
Briefly? That has got to be the longest "briefly" I've ever seen. My continued hugs and thoughts.
try to remember the 20/20 line is DEFPOTEC and you won't need glasses
Post a Comment