Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Another day, and pretty pictures

Well, I didn't have to go to the kids' school today, so that's good. Sproing was home all day, the first day of his suspension from school. Superman gave him lots of work to do around the yard. Sproing feels good about himself when he can accomplish tasks like that. He hasn't been as annoying as he was yesterday.

Part of the problem, I think, is hormones. Mine. I am in a super pissy mood and have no patience for anyone. The only one I want to spend any time with is Superman, and that's iffy.

Didn't do jack shit today. Today's accomplishments: put away some of our clean clothes, take a shower, mix up a batch of bread, and refrain from killing the children. OK, that last one was a biggie. Yeah, it's been a busy day. I slept for three hours this afternoon because I'd had enough interaction with my sons. I had to escape and that's the best way I could think of. Also, I was tired.

Oh, one other thing I did this evening is change the slide show on my desktop background. Been wanting to do that for a while. I have lots of saved images of pretty things, so I put a bunch of them in the slide show rotation. Here's a sample.



These first four are from the recent National Geographic photo contest. I followed a link on facebork or something. Oh, hang on, I think the next one is also one of the Nat Geo winners. 

 I have no idea where the rest of these photos are from. I'd like to give credit where credit is due, but I've been lax about citations as I add these pretty things to my "pretty pictures" file. Sorry. I don't actually own the rights to any of the photos in this post. That's my daily disclaimer. You're welcome.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think not killing your children is a major accomplishment given your two seem to twist your last nerve on a daily basis.

Ur-spo said...

lovely serene photos, however

Karen said...

I am constantly amazed and sad by your stories, and I wish there was something to be done.
Found my blog... Haven't touched it in a long while..... But here it is. http://elizabethannjudy.blogspot.com/?m=1

Java said...

Karen! So glad to see your comment. :)