Monday, December 17, 2007

Random things that got my attention

I just received an email that has an interesting signature / tag line.
Disclaimer: no trees were harmed in the sending of this message.However, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced and the ether somewhat disturbed. I am an Alchemist. I know about these things!

There seems to be a mouse in my house. In my bedroom to be precise. When all the children have gone away and it is quiet, I can hear some little rodent gnawing noises in the general vicinity of my closet. Have I mentioned before that I'm a terrible housekeeper? The closet is a nasty mess and the mess extends out from the closet door a good 3-4 feet. (Approximately a meter, for my more enlightened readers.) The point being that there is plenty of potential habitat for rodents. I mentioned the possible presence of rodents in the bedroom to Superman last night. He says he'll set some traps. It is a good idea, I suppose, but I kinda like the idea of a pet mouse in my closet. I don't, however, like mouse poop all over the place, chewed up shoes and god knows what all else in there, and the possibility of stink and disease. Yea, traps are a good idea.

8 comments:

A Lewis said...

Ick. Gross. No way! you'd find me up on a chair.....I can do almost anything except for mice.

Java said...

Lewis, you're a wuss. I'm rather enjoying his/her company as I sit here with my computer. I haven't seen it yet, though I hear the rustling noises it's making.

sageweb said...

I say get a cat, much more amusing to watch and plus they calm the soul.

Java said...

Sageweb: We have a cat, but as I am allergic to him, he spends most of his life outside. He was inside this morning when I got up, but I tossed him out. When I got home from my morning route he was back inside, hiding as a chair cushion on the desk chair. He is black, the chair is black, and I almost didn't see him.

Brilliant or Something said...

Yeah, well, these past 2 nights it's been way below frizzzing, so kitty comes inside.... Catcicles don't sell well. Mum, I wonder if that gnawing is your quilting books? >:D

Mark in DE said...

Maybe its time to do a big purge of the closet and get rid of all the stuff you don't need or wear. Then maybe a little vaccuming for good measure. That should displace the little varmint!

Mark :-)

Java said...

Mark: good idea, and it needs to be done. There aren't that many clothes to purge, but there is an awful lot of other useless junk in there. I just hate to clean! But if I don't, this is what happens. Yes, I think I'll clean.

Anonymous said...

We had two mice that somehow got in from the garage and took up residence underneath my fabulous Duet by Whirlpool Dryer. We would see them come running out into the family room on occasion when something would scare them...cute as could be! Then the cats killed them. I stepped on one of the corpses in the kitchen early one morning...in the dark. What a lovely feeling.