A brief explanation about how I came to have sex in a cemetery
A post full of linky love
It was 1981, if that makes any difference. I was 19 years old and in a rather strange relationship with a young man named Joe Choo. Of Chinese extraction and from Malaysia, Joe had come to Macon, GA to attend Mercer University. I was a freshman in my second term at Mercer that spring, and had been dating Joe, mostly living with him and his brother Edwin for most of the winter and spring until I wised up and left his sorry ass. The story is much more complicated than that, of course, but has nothing to do with having sex in the cemetery.
Macon, GA is a very large town rich in history. When General Sherman marched to the sea from Atlanta, he bypassed Macon. We are all thankful for that, I suppose. Macon has some gorgeous antebellum architecture that otherwise would have been destroyed.


Irrelevant fact: One of the most famous graves there is that of Duane Allman of the Allman Brothers Band.
Back in the early 1980s when I lived in Macon, this cemetery was the prettiest park-like place to visit. Lots of the students from Mercer would come to the cemetery for picnics, Frisbee-golf, or other instances of fooling around. It is private property and should be respected as reverently as is due a cemetery. But we didn't. We were jerks.
A railroad track runs between the river and the cemetery. Somewhere at the bottom of the cemetery right by the tracks is an area that looks vaguely like this (but not so neat). This one happens to be the Allman grave site. But pay attention to that retaining wall. Joe and I found a secluded area with a wall similar to this one. I think we had a picnic there. But one thing led to another and as young lovers will we ended up playing hide the sausage. He had me sitting on the wall, which was not the most comfortable perch. Except for the engineer in the train that passed by, no one saw us. (oops) So I guess I was caught having sex in the weirdest place I ever had sex. The experience is memorable, but not for quality of the sex. For good quality sex I'd have to tell a different story, probably one that didn't include Joe Choo.
12 comments:
I actually know quite a few people who have done this. Especially on Halloween!
Wow. Exotic. And there's gotta be a joke to be made from Choo.
I myself cannot say I've ever done it in a graveyard, but maybe it's time!
Have you seen this Joe guy in awhile? If so, what's new with Choo?
*sorry, couldn't resist*
Oh my sweet Lord....
I always forget that you're Southern! LOL!
Love this story. Love the pics. Love Irrelevant Facts!
Oh goodness..you naughty little lady. cute story..I have never been so lucky to have done it in a graveyard.
"For good quality sex, I'd have to tell a different story ..."
I think I might have to chime in to offer my ... um ... position on the topic. So to speak. ;-)
OMGosh you really did this? lol Verrrrrry interesting.....ok so the next story please? hehe
O O
0
Yeah yeah yeah, sex...whatever. But that cemetery! Oh my goodness, it's beautiful!!! You may (or may not) remember that I am a cemetery fanatic.
I don't guess I knew that you were southern either. I didn't have sex in a graveyard but I was almost arrested for luring freshmen girls to the back part of one, my junior year of college.
hmmmm...if I didn't know better, I'd say Maddog sounds like a serial killer.
Anyway, I'd love to visit the cemetery in Macon (is there a plaque in the spot where you had sex?) because it sounds like Hollywood cemetery in Richmond. Hollywood is huge, parklike, and has a train track running between it & the James River.
And I've had sex in that cemetery, too.
Post a Comment