I am not at all surprised that she ran away. In a yelling match last week she told me she had all her stuff packed and ready to go. I didn't take her too seriously at the time, and really don't know what I could have done about it anyway. She has rejected our authority and I don't know how to change that. Her friend's big sister (let's call her Big Sis) recommended that we beat Diva. I don't feel right about doing that, though it might be what's necessary. I won't do it. She's stronger than me and will beat me if I try. I know. We've had a couple of physical altercations already and I don't want to do that again. Am I afraid of her? Physically, yes.
I didn't sleep well last night. I'm worried about the child. I love her and care what happens to her. I don't particularly like her right now, though there are times when she's quite pleasant to be with. I don't think she ought to live with us, but we haven't found any safe place to house her. I contacted a local children's home last week about taking her, but especially now that she's run away I think she's too big a risk for them to take. I have a couple of other leads, one of which I just emailed. The other is a military school I just found out about. Their homepage is opened in another tab right now.
And right now my chest kind of hurts. It's a dull ambiguous ache high in the middle of my chest. Also, there is not enough chocolate in this house.
| Diva |
That's about all I have now. I'll update if there is anything new to add.
UPDATE:
She came home on her own tonight (Sunday night) around 11:30. She's here, but very unhappy about it. We aren't sure what we're going to do next.
UPDATE:
She came home on her own tonight (Sunday night) around 11:30. She's here, but very unhappy about it. We aren't sure what we're going to do next.
6 comments:
I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this with Diva. It can't be easy. I hope your next steps work!
Peace <3
Jay
How heartbreaking for you! It's sad that parents' hands are tied in these circumstances. Kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that the right answer comes soon.,
Oh man. Is there some sort of emergency counseling available? I think you need an unbiased third party to intervene and mediate. Military school would make or break her and just might be the salvation you need. Sigh. This is not easy stuff you are going through, I wish you strength.
Diva is a cute girl.
Why are some kids so hell bent on self destruction?
Luck with finding a military school that will take her.
And it's wise NOT to take the Big Sis's advise and beat on her. That never solved anything. If she's not scared or respecting your authority by this age, it's too late to get her to submit by physical force. Get through the next couple of years and then let her try to fly. Hopefully she'll wise up some by then.
I can only imagine the worry and simultaneous relief you must have felt when she left. I'm sure "Big Sis" meant well, but Diva is too old for beating/spanking. I don't have any answers but I don't think that one is useful at her age. Wishing your family peace.
Post a Comment