... which comes from Dirk and Heart in Hand, originating with Just a Jeep Guy (who's blog I don't follow and don't have the link). And yeah, it isn't Tuesday anymore. Deal with it.
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS 2013
1. Which religion or faith do you belong to, if any? Humph. This one is a blog post in itself. I used to be conservative Christian. Then I caught the gay, in a way, and "we have turned everyone to his own way" as Handel's Messiah is singing me right now. The Church and I have some significant differences now. I still, however, believe in a spiritual deity of sorts, but even I don't really know what I mean by that.
2. What is your opinion of Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays? People get their panties in a wad about it and I think the whole mess is stupid.
3. Holiday music on the radio? When and how much? HATE IT!! I hardly listen to the radio at all, and when I do, it's usually NPR classical stuff.
4. When do you start decorating? Do you? Not much. Less and less every year. We hang stockings on the mantle, all of which (or most, depending on who's here at Christmas) are handmade quilted works of art that I've made over the years.
5. White lights or multi-colored? Whatever.
6. Gift cards, cash, or actually shopped-for presents? This year, not much. I made a nifty fleece scarf for my mom. It has pockets on the ends so she can warm up her hands when wearing it. She loves it. So do I, so much so that I think I'll make one for myself with the leftover material. Not getting anything for anyone outside the family. Amazon gift cards for the kids and some kind of candy/treat for each. (Light, pretend to be surprised.) Superman and I gave each other tickets to the Beer Dinner at our favorite restaurant. Redeemed last week.
7. Christmas cards and/or family update letters are... I used to enjoy sending out cards many years ago before I had kids. Since the kid count got above one I haven't done much. I enjoy receiving thoughtful cards from the few friends who still send them, mostly my gay blog buddies. As for family update letters, they mostly depress me. I've pretended to consider writing one, but it would go something like "We had a very successful 2013! Neither of the younger kids ended up in jail this year." I can't be bothered. I've seen some good ones, though.
8. Snow is...A rarity here in The South (TM)
9. Have you been a good little boy or girl this year? Bah Humbug.
10. RAPID FIRE FAVORITES:
1. Food: Roast turkey, stuffing, gravy... pretty much a repeat of Thanksgiving. And since I was not with the husband and kids this Thanksgiving, I'm definitely going to do Thanksgiving Redux for Christmas dinner, whenever we have it.
2. Dessert: Yes, please. Pumpkin pie is a must. Thanksgiving throwback.
1. Which religion or faith do you belong to, if any? Humph. This one is a blog post in itself. I used to be conservative Christian. Then I caught the gay, in a way, and "we have turned everyone to his own way" as Handel's Messiah is singing me right now. The Church and I have some significant differences now. I still, however, believe in a spiritual deity of sorts, but even I don't really know what I mean by that.
2. What is your opinion of Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays? People get their panties in a wad about it and I think the whole mess is stupid.
3. Holiday music on the radio? When and how much? HATE IT!! I hardly listen to the radio at all, and when I do, it's usually NPR classical stuff.
4. When do you start decorating? Do you? Not much. Less and less every year. We hang stockings on the mantle, all of which (or most, depending on who's here at Christmas) are handmade quilted works of art that I've made over the years.
5. White lights or multi-colored? Whatever.
6. Gift cards, cash, or actually shopped-for presents? This year, not much. I made a nifty fleece scarf for my mom. It has pockets on the ends so she can warm up her hands when wearing it. She loves it. So do I, so much so that I think I'll make one for myself with the leftover material. Not getting anything for anyone outside the family. Amazon gift cards for the kids and some kind of candy/treat for each. (Light, pretend to be surprised.) Superman and I gave each other tickets to the Beer Dinner at our favorite restaurant. Redeemed last week.
7. Christmas cards and/or family update letters are... I used to enjoy sending out cards many years ago before I had kids. Since the kid count got above one I haven't done much. I enjoy receiving thoughtful cards from the few friends who still send them, mostly my gay blog buddies. As for family update letters, they mostly depress me. I've pretended to consider writing one, but it would go something like "We had a very successful 2013! Neither of the younger kids ended up in jail this year." I can't be bothered. I've seen some good ones, though.
8. Snow is...A rarity here in The South (TM)
9. Have you been a good little boy or girl this year? Bah Humbug.
10. RAPID FIRE FAVORITES:
1. Food: Roast turkey, stuffing, gravy... pretty much a repeat of Thanksgiving. And since I was not with the husband and kids this Thanksgiving, I'm definitely going to do Thanksgiving Redux for Christmas dinner, whenever we have it.
2. Dessert: Yes, please. Pumpkin pie is a must. Thanksgiving throwback.
3. Drink: Eggnog with or without some Captain Morgan Spiced. My intestines are getting old, though, and I can't drink very much of that rich eggnog before I'm in the bathroom with regrets.
4. Holiday movie: "It's a Wonderful Life" is a longstanding tradition around here. I like movies that "prove" the existence of Santa. "Miracle on 34th Street," "The Santa Claus," "Polar Express" (which I like for the production value as much as the story)
5. Holiday music: Listening to Handel's "Messiah" right now. Love it! Also like the old traditional carols, even though the religion doesn't move me anymore. I like to listen to the BBC's broadcast of "Nine Lessons and Carols" on Christmas eve, which kinda goes in the next category "traditions." It always begins with a boy choir solo first verse of "Once In Royal David's City." I also really like "Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming."
6. Holiday tradition. Superman having the whole week off. Usually ends up being between 10 and 14 days off in a row. It's difficult when he goes back to work in January. I miss him a lot during the day for the first week he's back.
5. Holiday music: Listening to Handel's "Messiah" right now. Love it! Also like the old traditional carols, even though the religion doesn't move me anymore. I like to listen to the BBC's broadcast of "Nine Lessons and Carols" on Christmas eve, which kinda goes in the next category "traditions." It always begins with a boy choir solo first verse of "Once In Royal David's City." I also really like "Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming."
6. Holiday tradition. Superman having the whole week off. Usually ends up being between 10 and 14 days off in a row. It's difficult when he goes back to work in January. I miss him a lot during the day for the first week he's back.
BONUS(ES) - Christmas sex:
What have you done under the mistletoe? Mistletoe?
Have you caught daddy kissing Santa Clause? Uh, that'd be a No.
Have you done it a Santa suit? Never.
Did you come down the chimney? Um, I think I am the chimney in this metaphor.
Just how merry have you made Santa's helpers? "Santa" really likes me, does that count?
What have you done under the mistletoe? Mistletoe?
Have you caught daddy kissing Santa Clause? Uh, that'd be a No.
Have you done it a Santa suit? Never.
Did you come down the chimney? Um, I think I am the chimney in this metaphor.
Just how merry have you made Santa's helpers? "Santa" really likes me, does that count?
4 comments:
Bah humbug! HAHAHAHA
It's OK, Java, it'll get better. I hope you have a fine, quiet Christmas this year! And I get 16 days off in a row, by taking 3 days of vacation. I love it, but yeah, going back in January is TOUGH!!!
Peace <3
Jay
Cute TMI Tuesday. Happy Festivus :-)
P.S. I think I may borrow your version of TMI Tuesday for next week.
hohoho
Merry Christmas to you Java and Superman!
Post a Comment