- Those captcha thingies. Good grief, do they have to make the letters quite so distorted? And the photographs of numbers. Many times they are so blurry I can't make them out. It makes me feel old.
- For breakfast, a recent favorite is frozen blueberries in Greek style yogurt. It's all kinds of healthy and shit. Plain non-fat yogurt, the Greek stuff with extra smooth texture and a bunch more protein than ordinary yogurt. I put frozen blueberries in it, stir it up, then let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes. The yogurt directly around the blueberries freezes just a bit as the blueberries begin to soften. It's so good!
- Most of my friends live far away. Many of them I've never met in person. Sometimes this doesn't bother me, but other times it does. I feel as though I should have more local friends, that I am somehow deficient for not making friends. However, I'll get to meet more of my long distance friends in a week and a half when Superman and I go to the Bloggerpalooza meeting in Delaware. We are both looking forward to that.
- I have a niggling fear that we might not be able to go to Delaware because of some trouble with Diva and/or Sproing. We really need to get away. I hope hope hope everything works out for us to go.
- I'm supposed to be hemming Diva's dress for the Ball on Friday. I don't want to because I'm petty and she's an ungrateful bitch.
- Why is great spelled with the vowels "ea" beside each other, but grateful has the "a" and "e" separated by the "t"? I don't expect an answer to this question.
- I like elephants. Ron posted about "the elephant in the room" concerning an upcoming medical procedure. I'm concerned about him, and wish him all the best. But he got my mind wandering toward elephants, and I just have to say, elephants are wonderful. It's kinda like "squirrel" for someone with ADD (which I have) but today the squirrel is an elephant. I recently bought a book about elephants, it's right over there in the bookshelf, but I haven't read it yet.
- I spent the morning checking the blogs of everyone who's signed up for the blogger meet-up. Some of these folks I've been following for years, some I've recently discovered, and a couple are completely new to me. This morning I read at least the latest post from everyone except Spo, for whom this meeting was originally conceived. I read his blog yesterday. He'll have to forgive me. As I understand it, Spo gets around. He's done lots of traveling and has met many blog buddies, but hadn't been to the east coast to meet anyone on this end of the continent. He lives in Phoenix, AZ where it is way too hot and sunny for me to visit. So he and a few other east coast bloggers devised this trip in order to meet and spend time having fun with each other. If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me in the comments.
- Winter is pretty much over in South Carolina now. We might have a few more nights were the temps get to freezing or below, but not far and not many. I really like winter. I really don't like summer. Summer in South Carolina is entirely too long and too hot.
- Smucker's natural peanut butter mixed with grape jam, preferably, or strawberry preserves as an acceptable substitute tastes good when used as a dip with corn chips. This has been a favorite lunch or snack for years, since I was a teenager. I used to use Fritos Corn Chips, but recently discovered that tortilla chips are at least as good. Fritos are too greasy. My desire for this treat comes and goes. I'll go years without eating peanut butter and jelly dip with chips, then have it once or twice a week for a month or more. It was my lunch yesterday.
- I don't like my house. Never have, actually. It's a brick ranch in a subdivision. Now I like brick alright. It's a good sturdy building material, good to have as facade, low maintenance. The ranch style architecture wears on my soul. And we aren't subdivision people. And there are too many things in my house. Too many people, too, but that's a story for another post. I myself have too much stuff that belongs to me. I should get rid of it. But where to start? When? How? What to do with it all? I'd like to try to make some money from this excess stuff. We could do a yard sale, I suppose. I don't like hosting yard sales, but sometimes it needs to be done. I don't know how to set things up to prepare for one, though. What goes and what stays? Where do I put it until the day of? How do I price things? Just how early do I need to get up on a Saturday morning for this kind of foolishness? These are too many questions for my poor ADD-addled brain (ADDled?) to work through.
- Alice Nelson. I want her to come live with us. You know Alice as the housekeeper for the Brady family of "Brady Bunch" fame. I need me an Alice. You may also be familiar with Hazel Burke from her self titled show that ran for a few years before "The Brady Bunch" hit the scene. I don't want Hazel. She brings too much drama. I want a housekeeper like Alice who lets me have the drama while she is a supporting character who helps clean up after me.
- Jason Mraz. I've been listening to his album "Love Is a Four Letter Word" a lot. I may have blogged about this recently. The thing I like about his music is that it's so positive. His lyrics (and tunes, for that matter) are upbeat, positive, happy without being sappy. There is a hell of a lot of negativity in my life right now (I want my children to move out of my house, dammit!!!) and listening to Jason Mraz croon positive messages at me truly helps. It doesn't overpower the darkness, but it helps.
- This is a lot of bullet points. Probably too many. I'm going to stop this foolishness and get on with the important things of my day, like taking a nap. The garbage guys just drove down the street. Our garbage is now in their truck. This satisfies a small yet important need of mine.
Moving Along, but Adrift
10 years ago
11 comments:
Try completely ignoring the number, just do the letters. It has been working for me for weeks. Not sure if this was always the case or if something has changed.
Hate the captha.
"Great" and "grateful" have different etymologies - they come from different roots.
We can't come to Delaware :-( Have fun! We'll miss meeting blogbuddies!
:-*
Raybob
Sort through your stuff...KEEP, SELL, DONATE and JUNK piles. Immediately throw out the JUNK. Then, list the things you want to SELL on a website like Kijiji or Craig's List, then whatever doesn't sell immediately, throw into a garage sale. Whatever is left over from that fiasco, sift through and donate as well. Here in Peaceful Town, there is a guy who has auctions. You drag your junk to an auction and he auctions it off. The guy takes a small commission and then cuts you a cheque. Way easier than a garage sale! It's how I've been sifting through my stuff for years now. I'm not hoarder-ish or very sentimental about things. To me, it's just stuff.
I'm having some resentment issues today too. I'm trying not to dwell on them because it's giving me tension. As Sir Paul croons, "Let It Be..."
Sort through your stuff...KEEP, SELL, DONATE and JUNK piles. Immediately throw out the JUNK. Then, list the things you want to SELL on a website like Kijiji or Craig's List, then whatever doesn't sell immediately, throw into a garage sale. Whatever is left over from that fiasco, sift through and donate as well. Here in Peaceful Town, there is a guy who has auctions. You drag your junk to an auction and he auctions it off. The guy takes a small commission and then cuts you a cheque. Way easier than a garage sale! It's how I've been sifting through my stuff for years now. I'm not hoarder-ish or very sentimental about things. To me, it's just stuff.
I'm having some resentment issues today too. I'm trying not to dwell on them because it's giving me tension. As Sir Paul croons, "Let It Be..."
Sort through your stuff...KEEP, SELL, DONATE and JUNK piles. Immediately throw out the JUNK. Then, list the things you want to SELL on a website like Kijiji or Craig's List, then whatever doesn't sell immediately, throw into a garage sale. Whatever is left over from that fiasco, sift through and donate as well. Here in Peaceful Town, there is a guy who has auctions. You drag your junk to an auction and he auctions it off. The guy takes a small commission and then cuts you a cheque. Way easier than a garage sale! It's how I've been sifting through my stuff for years now. I'm not hoarder-ish or very sentimental about things. To me, it's just stuff.
I'm having some resentment issues today too. I'm trying not to dwell on them because it's giving me tension. As Sir Paul croons, "Let It Be..."
Seriously?
Capcha sux, but I swear, the blogs that I comment on that don't use it fill up my inbox with spam that gets posted as comments.
I'm a Hardee's biscuit for breakfast kinda guy. I love my breakfast. I can eat cereal for dinner, but I want a hearty breakfast.
Looking forward to the Spo event! Can't wait to meet EVERYONE since I know NO ONE in person yet! I do hope everything works out for you to come!
Can't sew a lick. So sorry, no help here.
Don't even get me started on the English language!
I like elephants. Squirrels, not so much. You can have every damn one of the bushy-tailed rats!
I was taught that there are only 2 seasons in SC, and having lived there twice, I can attest that this is true: Summer's comin', and Summer's here! That's it.
I used to like my house. Until the squirrels decided they liked it, too. Damned bushy-tails rats. Now if you think you've got too much stuff, just you wait until Thursday a week. And I doubt a maid would ever set foot in this house more than once.
See you in a little over a week!
Peace <3
Jay
I have been aimlessly wandering around our (too big) house, trying to decide how to approach the thinning out process we need to do (to sell), and still keep things on an even keel as far as organization and cleanliness.
And then you mention Alice.
And not just that Alice is a fantastic housekeeper, but one who allows you to have the drama while cleaning up after you.
Why the HELL didn't I think of that myself?
You don't, by any chance, have Alice's number, do you?
your bullet points give something to ponder as I head off to do the important task .... a nap :-)
Jason Mraz...great music...not the same old shit everyone else writes and sings, and he has a great tenor voice (even though Cubby may not agree with me). I have all his albums (are they still called albums?) so you can listen to the rest of them at the SPO fest this weekend. AND...he grew up in the little town that I currently live in.
Nate Oman, you do know we're gonna have to continue the Spo-a-thon once we get home since we live close by!
Can't wait for the EVENT!
Peace <3
Jay
Post a Comment