I saw Diva last week. Actually, I think it was a week ago last Friday, so that's 1.5 weeks. Superman saw her Saturday. We have talked on the phone a few times, including last night. There isn't much to say. "Hi. How's it going? Anything interesting happening there?" (no) After another minute of small talk she asked to talk to her Daddy. She is excited about leaving the hospital. I doubt she has any clue what she might experience in the new place. I doubt she's thought about it. She seems to be having fun just being in the system. It gives her a sense of identity that she was missing, at least that is my take on it. Both of my sons get very anxious about new experiences, and want to know all they can about what to expect. Diva not so much.
Sproing is testing us. I expected this. He especially puts up a lot of resistance to his school lessons. Yes, I'm homeschooling him now. We're going into it very slowly, in part because I don't really know what he can do. I need to assess his academic abilities. Also, since I'm still in school full time myself, there's a practical limit to how much I can prepare, teach, do, etc. It's the blind leading the blind right now. This doesn't worry me much, because I've been here before. OK, maybe I'm not so blind. We'll be working through the summer, too. No extended summer vacation for him! I will not be in school this summer and plan to put some creative effort into lessons for him. I like unit studies. We can study a topic and bring math, reading, writing, maybe history or science into what we're studying. It can be fun if everyone (me and Sproing) cooperates and has a good attitude.
Memo
Urgent!
Re: pollen
Enough is enough, and this is too much. Stop it right now. Bring us a heavy rain to wash it out of the air, and be done with this foolishness. People are suffering, most importantly me. We can't see through our windshields, and are sneezing so hard and so often it makes driving dangerous.
-Java
I told the stats professor yesterday that the school should shut down on account of the high pollen count. She's getting sick from it all. We had an exam yesterday (which I think I aced) and she spent the entire time coughing and sniffling. She called in sick today. Another girl in the class was doing much of the same. Though it hasn't made me sick sick, my whole face and inside my ears and throat itch like crazy. This stuff leads to bronchitis and sinus infections.
Today in spelling news:
- annihilation - WTF? Why two "n's" and what's with that "h"?
Where Junk-Mart goes, everyone goes. A few years ago our local large discount retailer did a remodel which included changing the store's color scheme from blue and gray to dark green and ... what is that color? Beige? sand, camel, tan, buff. You've doubtless seen it. Recently I have noticed many other establishments changing color. The buildings are now painted in some color that resembles the tan. The Taco Bell just turned beige and terracotta. We have a Hampton Inn that is now dark beige. Not even tan, it's dark beige. Too much green in it, I think, to be tan. Yesterday I was paying attention as I drove down retail row. Outback Steakhouse has gone to the tan side. Oh, and the Ruby Tuesday's is also a lighter shade of brown. I've seen others, but can't recall them exactly.
Memo
Re: paint colors
People, beige is a depressing color, especially when overused. All these shades of tan are turning our world into blandville. Honestly, though, gray isn't any better. I hold no direct animosity toward any color (within reason) but believe that colors should be used appropriately. Some colors serve well as accents, small areas of color to enhance the greater picture. I appreciate the importance of earth tones as a pallet for expression. I wear a lot of earth tones. But if everything is beige then nothing is special. Think about that.
-Java
Whatever else I had in mind to say has been sneezed out through my nose. If it comes back, or if any more of this rambling blather shows up, I'll let you know.
2 comments:
Good Lord honey! Do you think you and Superman could possible fit more on your plate? Seriously....you need a vacation from life!
Hey Java it's C I had a great time with you guys sunday and I'm blogging now too lol how about that! I love you guys and hope to see ya soon!
Post a Comment