Monday, October 19, 2009

*sigh*

If I knew what to write, I'd have posted before.

I was dismally depressed late lasts week, and although I thought about dragging you through the mire of that depression, I couldn't quite get my thoughts clear enough to write anything. So I chose the better part of valor and didn't.

The depression has lifted, mostly, at least for now. Two sunny days have helped, but I actually enjoyed the dark rainy of last week, even though I was depressed. If that makes sense, and I don't think it does.

Sproing seems to be settling in well at the treatment facility. I'm not sure about his progress, or really much of anything. I talked to him yesterday, and Superman and Diva went to visit. I stayed home to study.

Manny (the pickup truck) isn't working. Again. Superman left the headlights on last week and ran the battery down. We jumped it off, and I was able to drive it home from the parking lot at his workplace, but when I tried to start it this morning there wasn't enough juice to start him up.

I have a big test, a really scary monster, on Thursday. I haven't been studying like I should. That can be said for most of my semester, actually. What happened?

I dunno, maybe I'm in the doldrums. It's mid-term now. Life is in a delicate holding pattern. The days are getting shorter. We finally had a cool day yesterday. The temperature dropped to just above freezing last night, though this afternoon was very warm in the sun. The breeze was nice, but without a breeze things were warm. Kinda nice, really, and dry instead of humid. But the sun hurts my eyes.

What, do I have to complain about everything?? Sheesh. OK, remember when I said the depression has lifted? I spoke too soon. Or perhaps I should just not think about it. Too much navel-gazing is bad for the soul.

Never mind. Pretend like you didn't read this drivel. Go for a drive through the blogosphere and find something fun.

9 comments:

catrina said...

My Mom passed away five months ago (still can't bring myself to say she d-i-e-d), and I can't get out of the doldrums myself. I've got pretty good at 'walking the walk' of a well-adjusted person, but the minute I'm alone I'm sobbing again. I can't imagine what you're going through, but will hope and pray that you can find a happy medium. Is there really such a place???

Ultra Dave said...

Yep, it's the mid term funk! Having that myself. Glad to hear the kid is doing ok. If I were you, with all that has transpired, I don't think it would have been any different. Holding patterns aren't so bad. They inply a landing at some point! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally LOVE a dark rainy day when I am depressed....hmmmmm not sure what that says about you or I but oh well.

Good luck on your test Thursday...just go do your best. I took my FOUR page ESSAY test today. I think I did alright. My handwriting is terrible so my ONLY happiness about that test is that now he HAS to spend time reading it! hehe

Ur-spo said...

sometimes is is good to stay put in the doldrums until you have vision.
sometimes it is good to keep going despite not having vision

Go watch Monkey Business or Duck Soup. The Marx Brothers are excellent tonic for one down in the dumps.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you’re in the doldrums. It’s to be expected given everything you have been dealing with in recent history. Things will get better. They always do.

sageweb said...

Good luck with the test...hope your spirits get better.

Doug said...

When I'm feeling down, a dark, rainy day is like a warm blanket, somehow comforting. Not weird to me at all.

As far as depression, there's been so much going on, you've finally had some quiet time to digest it all. And it's left you with a little heart-burn (or in this case, depression). Seems perfectly normal to me. I know it's impossible to believe while we're in it, but it really will pass.

Have you read, "Full Catastrophe Living"? Might have some useful things in it right about now.

Indigo said...

Indigo Incarnates

I had one bad semester at school once. I got depressed and wasn't studying enough and also stopped caring enough. I squeaked by, but I wasn't happy with my grades. I did much better the next semester.

I'm always impressed by your ability to get "A" grades when you have studied enough. You're really, really smart :)

Stephen said...

Kepp your pecker up! Your readers need you!